SOLVED Help with dataset snapshot rollback

Newtofreenas

Dabbler
I run Emby server on my truenas box. Everything has worked great for years. This morning I had some issues and "fixed" it. now it does not work. Turned out my issues were actually the local emby theater, not the server, but thats besides the point.

What I did was change the port that emby uses inside the app. Truenas has emby at 9096 but when you log into the server and look at settings it thinks it is 8096. And it works. Today I thought i would make the server match what truenas uses and changed it to 9096. Now Emby no longer boots. I get the following Error:
" Startup probe failed: Get "http://172.16.0.41:8096/emby/System/Ping": dial tcp 172.16.0.41:8096: connect: connection refused "

I have snapshots from 3 days ago, but that is not seeming to help me. I hope I am just doing it wrong. Can someone help me?!
It looks like I have 6 snapshots from 3/15/2024
Pool10x14/ix-applications/releases/emby
Pool10x14/ix-applications/releases/emby/volumes
Pool10x14/ix-applications/releases/emby/volumes/ix_volumes
Pool10x14/ix-applications/releases/emby/volumes/ix_volumes/ix-emby_config
Pool10x14/ix-applications/releases/emby/volumes/ix_volumes/config
Pool10x14/ix-applications/releases/emby/charts
I have stopped the instance of emby which is hung up in deploying. I have clicked rollback for each of the 6 snapshots, I have clicked "No Safety Check (CAUTION)" and Rollback.
When I go back to start emby again it still gives the same error. What step am I missing?

*** This is all assuming that I cannot change the point inside the server app back to 8096 because it wont start and I don't know how to get to it. If there is a way to change that port inside the server without rolling back that would be great too. Not talking about the app settings inside truenas but the server setting inside of the app***

I believe I have Emby data backed up to a folder on the TrueNAS, so I should be able to create a new instance and do a new install, setup all of my root permissions and locations and start over with restoring the user data backup. But I feel like there should be an easier way using the dataset snapshots?

Newtofreenas

Dabbler
Solved.
The reason the snapshot was not fixing anything is because it is not the app that was changed, but it's database. I have the database saved in a separate backup directory. Had I of rolled back that directory I bet it would have worked. Or had I of allowed the app to save it's database in the xi directory the rollback probably would have worked.

For anyone else that makes this same mistake as I did, the specific file that is changed is
embybackup/config/system.xml
<HttpServerPortNumber>9096</HttpServerPortNumber>

All I had to do was change this back to 8096 and everything was perfect and back working.