Documentation is only for GUI? What the?

VladTepes

Patron
I don't know if this is because of the iXsystems site migration etc, but in any event:

If I select Documentation - FreeNAS from the top menu it takes me to online documentation which only covers using the GUI, as far as I can tell.

That's great except as I can't get into the GUI I need to figure out how to do some things from the CLI.

Where would I look for that information please?

danb35

Hall of Famer

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I don't know if this is because of the iXsystems site migration etc, but in any event:

If I select Documentation - FreeNAS from the top menu it takes me to online documentation which only covers using the GUI, as far as I can tell.

That's great except as I can't get into the GUI I need to figure out how to do some things from the CLI.

Where would I look for that information please?
Freenas does not really have a cli, that's why it's not documented. Freebsd has its cli that you can use but that doesn't work with freenas very well.

VladTepes

Patron
Umm but yeah it does - well used to with v 9 etc - I think. For doing burn in for hard drives etc etc.

In this instance I want to set a static IP for the FreeNAS so I can get to the GUI ! :)

danb35

Hall of Famer
In this instance I want to set a static IP for the FreeNAS so I can get to the GUI ! :)
You can do that with the console menu. First link in my last post.