disktemp.py error

gwaitsi

Patron
Hi, my log is becoming full with this error.

I don't know which disk, or if all disks my be causing it. the only thing of note re my setup
- sys disk is pcie m2
- 2x sata6
- 1x sata6 via usb3 (not recognised as HDD in the gui)

Code:
ep 10 01:58:43 nas collectd[1493]: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/collectd_pyplugins/disktemp.py", line 61, in read
    temperatures = c.call('disk.temperatures', self.disks, self.powermode, self.smartctl_args)
    temperatures = c.call('disk.temperatures', self.disks, self.powermode, self.smartctl_args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 386, in call
    raise CallTimeout("Call timeout")
middlewared.client.client.CallTimeout: Call timeout
Sep 10 02:43:43 nas collectd[1493]: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 386, in call

gwaitsi

Patron
i'm not the only one with this error, but not willing to send debug files. sorry.

gwaitsi

Patron
this problem seems to have been solved for me with the turnas upgrade. interestingly, i used a disk for replication and it was originally setup on USB3 device. I put it in the chassis but the Rotation Speed and Disk Type were not recognized, although all seem to work fine. After the upgrade, the disk is correctly showing the HDD type and 7200 RPM

jsylvia007

Explorer
Howdy all! I recently did an upgrade from 11.3 to 12-Release, and I'm having significant slow-down issues. Everything was rock-solid over on 11.3, but has been pretty terrible from a performance perspective since the upgrade. I've not had to cold-boot, BUT, the command line and GUI are mostly unresponsive. I'm not actually sure I would be able to initiate a reboot at all.

I was tracking this post in Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/freenas/comments/jewm32/truenas_120release_launches/) and also will be posting on another post here (https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/massive-system-slowdown.88198/).

Please let me know how I can help!

My actual system is:
Board Manufacturer: Supermicro
Board Product Name: X11SDV-4C-TP8F
CPU: Intel® Xeon® Processor D-2123IT
Memory: 4 x 16GB (64) RDIMM - DDR4 ECC RDIMM
Storage Controller: LSI-based, but I can't remember the exact version or model

I am trying to save a debug file, but it gets to about 72% and never completes... I'm on attempt 4 and this one MIGHT finish. Where would you like me to post it?

The below code snipped repeats dozens of times in the terminal window...

Code:
Oct 26 15:31:06 nas01 1 2020-10-26T15:31:06.290027-04:00 nas01.example.com collectd 2872 - - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/collectd_pyplugins/disktemp.py", line 62, in read
    with Client() as c:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 281, in __init__
    self._ws.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 124, in connect
    rv = super(WSClient, self).connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ws4py/client/__init__.py", line 223, in connect
    bytes = self.sock.recv(128)
socket.timeout: timed out

Last edited:

mpkaye

Cadet
Howdy all! I recently did an upgrade from 11.3 to 12-Release, and I'm having significant slow-down issues. Everything was rock-solid over on 11.3, but has been pretty terrible from a performance perspective since the upgrade. I've not had to cold-boot, BUT, the command line and GUI are mostly unresponsive. I'm not actually sure I would be able to initiate a reboot at all.

I was tracking this post in Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/freenas/comments/jewm32/truenas_120release_launches/) and also will be posting on another post here (https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/massive-system-slowdown.88198/).

Please let me know how I can help!

My actual system is:
Board Manufacturer: Supermicro
Board Product Name: X11SDV-4C-TP8F
CPU: Intel® Xeon® Processor D-2123IT
Memory: 4 x 16GB (64) RDIMM - DDR4 ECC RDIMM
Storage Controller: LSI-based, but I can't remember the exact version or model

I am trying to save a debug file, but it gets to about 72% and never completes... I'm on attempt 4 and this one MIGHT finish. Where would you like me to post it?

Can you see if you have a python3.8 process pinned at 100% CPU? That's what was causing this on my system. The process belongs to the SNMP service, if you stop that, the system becomes responsive again - at least for me.

jsylvia007

Explorer
Can you see if you have a python3.8 process pinned at 100% CPU? That's what was causing this on my system. The process belongs to the SNMP service, if you stop that, the system becomes responsive again - at least for me.
So... It's not at 100%, but it is VERY high, and has been taking MASSIVE amounts of CPU time...
FreeNAS-HTOP.png

I manually killed the process, but it re-spawned. I then finally got in and turned it off from the settings. I'm going to see if it settles out. I do use SNMP monitoring, so it would be nice to have an actual fix.

Also - I was finally able to get a debug image downloaded, after about 7 or 8 tries. So I can provide that if someone wants it.

ude6

Dabbler
Hi,
got the same issue. I got the follwing error:

Code:
Nov 29 06:49:38 Atlas 1 2020-11-29T06:49:38.159298+01:00 Atlas.Home.local collectd 3933 - - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/collectd_pyplugins/disktemp.py", line 62, in read
    with Client() as c:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 281, in __init__
    self._ws.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 124, in connect
    rv = super(WSClient, self).connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ws4py/client/__init__.py", line 223, in connect
    bytes = self.sock.recv(128)

And then the SNMP Process stays at nearly 100%.
When shutting down snmp it works again.

Is there a Fix by now?

Kind regards
ude6

NASnewbi916

Dabbler
Do you have a homebridge or hoobs jail? If so turn it off. Then create a Ubuntu vm with docker and install there.

Redcoat

MVP
Is there a Fix by now?
The SNMP process is said to be fixed in 12.0-U1 release in early December- the 8th. I think.

douglaing

Cadet
Hi, my log is becoming full with this error.

I don't know which disk, or if all disks my be causing it. the only thing of note re my setup
- sys disk is pcie m2
- 2x sata6
- 1x sata6 via usb3 (not recognised as HDD in the gui)

Code:
ep 10 01:58:43 nas collectd[1493]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Sep 10 02:43:43 nas collectd[1493]: Traceback (most recent call last):

I have the same error and the system gets very slow but I can restart at the console (takes about an hour to reboot)