Massive System Slowdown

Prophet4NO1

Dabbler
So, I may have tracked down the issue. I turned off my syncthing jail. No slowdowns or errors in the last 24 hours. I will give it another day or two and see what happens. Worst caser I will nuke the jail and start over.

tangles

Dabbler
Ta Prophet4NO1,

I nuked all mine also (NetData, QBitTorrent and Hoobs)… instant GUI/SSH lag the moment Hoobs started up again.
NetData/QBitTorrent are fine for me.

So far, symptoms of lag viewable in the GUI and SSH are observed in the following Jails/Plugins for TrueNAS Core 12.0 RELEASE:
Hoobs
Homebridge
SyncThing

Admins might want to put a new post and pin it perhaps so this doesn't get buried?

mrMuppet

Contributor
Does perhaps a complete fresh install solve this problem? Is anyone having this issue after a fresh install? I'm sick of rebooting every morning and waiting for the update to arrive...

tangles

Dabbler
I haven't done a fresh install… you willing?

I can live with Hoobs running on a QUO mobo hiding in the corner for now…

Prophet4NO1

Dabbler
One of my attempts to fix things was a fresh FreeNAS/TrueNAS on a new flash drive. That did not fix anything. But, that did not change my jails since those are installed on the storage volumes.

So far things are still running smoothly with Syncthing off. I will probably try just reinstalling the plugin. If that fails, totally wipe it from existence. Including the share it is tied to. Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.