Disk problem - unreadable / uncorrectable sectors

Sightblinder

Dabbler
Hey all!

So I updated my Freenas server with all brand new hardware a few months ago (see my signature). It's all been going fine until yesterday when I woke up to following error messages.

ERROR
Device: /dev/ada0, 8 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors.
Mon, 7 Sep 2020 02:29:17 AM (Europe/Stockholm)

ERROR
Device: /dev/ada0, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors.
Mon, 7 Sep 2020 02:29:18 AM (Europe/Stockholm)

I issued a long smart check (see attached file) but I'm not too used to interpret it. I also got the following error in Freenas when issuing it:

ERROR
Device: /dev/ada0, Self-Test Log error count increased from 0 to 1.

I have been spared problems on my old Freenas setup so haven't had to do a lot of tinkering with it. I googled a lot and from what I saw was that most suggests that the offline uncorrectable sector error means that the disk is about to fail and should be replaced. Of course a new disk can also fail but I wanted to exhaust all other options first before trying to get it replaced by asking this knowledgeable group. So my question to you is. Is there anything I can do to fix the two errors or is a disk replacement in order?

Thank you in advance. :smile:

Attachments

• smartctl_long.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 183

sretalla