Offline uncorrectable sectors

danb35

Hall of Famer
What can i do to fix this?
After already reading the material referenced in this thread, what other questions do you have?

awat87

Cadet
After already reading the material referenced in this thread, what other questions do you have?

Sorry but i don't understand your question... i don't want to get this error message every 30 minutes.
I haven't found a solution in this thread (maybe I did read the "solution" but did not understand..., I do not know!)

awat87

Cadet
that a sector on the disk is no longer writable. As long as it stays with one sector it is not too bad... but after that I got the message:

Self-Test Log error count increased from 0 to 1.

This has me just a little unsettled. In addition, I wanted to know if there is a possibility that this "known" error is no longer reported every 30 minutes? So that only again an error message comes when more errors are added?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
If you look at the output you posted is shows that your drive has failed a smart long test. That alone is enough info for me to replace a drive. Others may disagree with me but that's just my take on it.

ajpion

Cadet
I'm going to join the club. I've been getting this error as well. Rather than search through mountains of log files, I'm going to resign to the fact that I used shucked Seagate Barracuda drives. My system has been up since January and already had to replace one drive. That'll teach me.