Disk alerts that came back when I restored old config won't go away

Roaders

Dabbler
Hi All
I had a failing disk that I replaced. When I did this all the red alerts for the disk were cleared. Since then I have had to revert to an old backup and the alrets came back. I now have a new disk with the same name as the one that had failures (sdd). The drive is fine with no issues but the alerts won't go away.

How do I get turenas to realise that the drive is fine and to clear the alerts (I don't want to just dismiss the alerts)

Thanks

Roaders

Dabbler
thanks for the reply but the alerts are still there after trying this

Roaders

Dabbler
any more help on this please? there must be a way of getting rid of this. The disc that had the errors is sat on the desk next to me but somehow truenas thinks that it's still in the system...

Davvo

MVP
It's not clear what your issue is.
Are you asking how to get rid of the WebUI notification top right?
Are you asking how to detach a drive from a pool?
Are you asking something else entirely?

Roaders

Dabbler
I'm sorry if my question was unclear. I will try to be more clear. I had this sequence of events:
  1. Drive began to fail and gave me 3 critical alerts (self test log increased from 0 to 1, 8 currently unreadable sectors, 8 offline uncorrectable sectors)
  2. I replaced the drive, resilvered ect
  3. Alerts all went away
  4. An unrelated issue happened and I messed up my boot disk
  5. I re-installed my boot disk
  6. I reverted to older backup from when I had the drive failure alerts
I am now in the situation where I have a brand new disc and the alerts that appearing in the UI are for a disc that has already been removed. I expected these alerts to clear when Truenas realised that the disc was no longer present.

I would like to remove the alerts (not just dismiss them so that they are still there but hidden)

Davvo

MVP
If you are about the alerts in the top right chime menu, you can only dismiss them (they disappear after a set amount of time I believe) without fiddling with the CLI.
Clearing your browser's cache might help.

Roaders

Dabbler
Yes, I am talking about the alerts top right:

1699977394909.png

so I just need to wait? They are 5 days old already. Does anyone know how long until they disappear?