DHCP on 9.10 Jail unselectable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryjharrison

Explorer
First of all, this is has been a freeNas server for years without issue. It has been running 9.10 with a jail getting a DHCP address since 9.10 was released. Recently the server has a valid network stack, but I was not able to access anything from the jail, and the DHCP button on the advanced Jail configuration could not be selected. I became frustrated, wiped out the server completely, and did a fresh install of 9.10 on the server. I even wiped out the zfs pool when re-installing so that I was certain all was completely clean. Tried to create a jail, and got the same issue. The server has no problems on the main interface, but the jails do not even appear to have an interface created.

I tried installing the Owncloud plugin to see what happens with that jail, and it has a NIC, and gets DHCP wiht no problems.

The ifconfig output for the PLUGIN:

Code:
root@owncloud_1:/ # ifconfig                                                   
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384               
        options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>                   
        inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128                                                 
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1                             
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000                                       
        nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>                               
epair0b: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500   
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>                                                     
        ether 02:ff:b0:00:05:0b                                                 
        inet 10.0.1.65 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.1.255                 
        nd6 options=9<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED>                                   
        media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)                   
        status: active                                                         
root@owncloud_1:/ #                                                             

The ifconfig output for the JAIL:
Code:
root@octest2:/ # ifconfig                                                       
lo0: flags=8008<LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384                         
        options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>                   
        nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>                               
root@octest2:/ # 

General Configuration for Jails is just the properly defined jailroot and DHCP is checked.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Check the MAC address of the jail interface, it could be duplicated with another jail/plugin and we have seen this on the forum for a while now, hopefully this is your problem too. Run Static IPs if you want to ensure stuff like this doesn't happen again.

jerryjharrison

Explorer
Thanks Joe. I had searched the Forum, but must have missed discussions about this issue. Static IP configuration, and creating a new jail seemed to get it back on the network. reconfiguring all of my jails now...

philhu

Patron
the jail dhcp problem is listed as fixed in the 9.10.1 release notes

Status
Not open for further replies.