SOLVED No IP from DHCP on jails - Moved to new ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloa

Wizard
When you did your 9.3 upgrade to 9.10. Was the jail template created under 9.3 and then when you did the FN update to 9.10 you lost the ability to pickup an IP for it? Honestly, I really don't know how to help, but I'm just trying to keep track of the scenarios in which this occurs.

You are helping by tracking, so thanks. Here's some scenarios:

- Had Plex and Owncloud running on 9.3 -> upgraded to 9.10 and all continued to work;
- Started trying to reduce number of boxes running at my house (over 10), so created a jail to move one of the servers - at this point noticed no IP from DHCP.
- After playing around a lot, moved all to VMs on a new Linux server and did a fresh 9.10 install, removed jails, jail ds, recreated ds and added a test jail -> No IP from DHCP
- Built a new box with an Asus MB, fresh install 9.10 -> No IP from DHCP
- Installed 9.3 on the same Asus box -> DHCP Ok
- Upgraded to 9.10 -> DHCP broke

I've posted somewhere several logs with one of my tests (26 pages). If you need I might have it on my workstation at work, just let me know.

By the way, I'm new to FN - only 2 years - but am not new to IT, so let me know if I can help troubleshoot.

melloa

Wizard
Back on 9.3 and all works fine. Still have a test box on 9.10 in case you guys need some tests.

upload_2016-6-4_17-26-12.png

decoy5657

Cadet
I'm seeing the same thing in the latest updates to 9.3. Stock 9.3 seemed fine... update and problems. Same deal where you assign a static IP, can't get to it, but when you go to edit the IP is says DHCP still. Bonkers.

melloa

Wizard
No luck with 9.10. downgraded the 1st FN and working on the others. After done will fresh install on a test box 9.10 and re-start testing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.