[DDNS] Duck DNS setup @ FreeNAS 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubendepedro

Cadet
Hello

I noticed that FreeNAS 11.1 introduced a bunch of new DDNS providers, including Duck DNS. How can one configure it in 'Services --> Dynamic DNS --> duckdns.org' without using a cron job? The fields on the form don't match the required values. For instance, the form asks for a Username + Password but Duck DNS only cares about the token.

As by API spec, in its simplest form, I just need this:
https://duckdns.org/update/{YOURDOMAIN}/{YOURTOKEN}

where:
YOURDOMAIN - REQUIRED - only a single subdomain
YOURTOKEN - REQUIRED - your account token

I even tried this:

Provider: duckdns.org
CheckIP Server SSL: [x]
CheckIP Server: «blank»
CheckIP Path: «blank»
Use SSL: [x]
Domain name: YOURDOMAIN (just the subdomain, like YOURDOMAIN.duckdns.org)
Username: YOURTOKEN
Password: YOURTOKEN
Confirm Password: YOURTOKEN
Update Period: 600

Regards,
Ruben P.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
File a feature request asking for support to be added.

Drewry Pope

Cadet
What's the point of having added the service without being able to use it? Wouldn't this be a bug report?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Wouldn't this be a bug report?
It's irrelevant. It's a semi-arbitrary definition with close to no effect on the treatment given to the ticket.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If anyone does report this or stumble upon an existing report, please link to it here, for future reference.

I was having similar issues. in my case the Network>Global Configuration>IPv4 Default Gateway needed to be set. i think alot of us are used to this being set by DHCP.

"https://www.duckdns.org/install.jsp" has the rest of the details. while signed into duckdns, click on freenas under "routers" then choose your domain from the drop down.

I tested by updating duckdns to a different IP manually from thier website and closing the tab, then telling the cron job to run now in freenas. after reloading the page you should see the ip address has corrected itself.

not sure if this is what you wanted but it works :)

hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.