Dataset permissions cannot be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

q_fleuren

Explorer
Hello!

I have problems with the following...
yesterday ive created a dataset called: Quincy Fleuren and it up for *q_fleuren*
After getting into the folder there was a unhidden folder called q_fleuren in the setup *Quincy Fleuren* folder
So i moved this folder out on to my desktop since i thought i had show hiddenfiles active and it seemed empty.
Afterwards it didnt seem to do anything so i just went ahead and imported all kinds of files into the dataset and sorting them out.
Today i logged onto the Nas and... my folder dissapeared :(
So i went into the webgui and checked if the ownersettings were still setup properly and all permissions settings were unchecked.
Checking these boxes and saving is not actually being saved...

Then it hit me.... dat folder -_-'

So im wondering could any of the Freenas guru's help a naabi out with steps to replace the moved folder somehow?
Or do i need to resort all of my files all over again? ;(

Kind regards,

An idiot.

Running freenas 9.1.1

Last edited:

q_fleuren

Explorer
Found this on the interwebs so far.
For resetting the permissions to everyone but im not sure how to apply it in the shell

find . -type d -print0 | xargs -L 1 -0 -I'{}' setfacl -m everyone@:full_set:fd:allow "{}"
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -L 1 -0 -I'{}' setfacl -m everyone@:full_set::allow "{}"

Last edited by a moderator:

Glorious1

Guru
Hello!

I have problems with the following...
yesterday ive created a dataset called: Quincy Fleuren and it up for *q_fleuren*
After getting into the folder there was a unhidden folder called q_fleuren in the setup *Quincy Fleuren* folder
So i moved this folder out on to my desktop since i thought i had show hiddenfiles active and it seemed empty.
Afterwards it didnt seem to do anything so i just went ahead and imported all kinds of files into the dataset and sorting them out.
Today i logged onto the Nas and... my folder dissapeared :(
So i went into the webgui and checked if the ownersettings were still setup properly and all permissions settings were unchecked.
Checking these boxes and saving is not actually being saved...

Then it hit me.... dat folder -_-'

So im wondering could any of the Freenas guru's help a naabi out with steps to replace the moved folder somehow?
Or do i need to resort all of my files all over again? ;(

Running freenas 9.1.1
Your post is somewhat unclear. You've made a dataset and apparently have a share to it that you access from a client computer. You said you "moved this folder out on to my desktop". That would make a copy of the folder on your client computer's desktop, right? So any changes you made to it would not be made on the server.

Beyond that, I can't be sure what is happening. You would have to give all your permission and share settings to begin to see what is happening.

q_fleuren

Explorer
Let me try and explain.

I have created a dataset for set user.
Created a share using the SMB protocol.
With client i went into the dataset folder.
And inside there was a folder with the same name of set user. (but only that user... made multiple datasets at once..)
and it was that seemingly empty folder that i cut and pasted onto clients desktop...

Still have the folder after the problems started i've noticed there are multiple hidden files in it.
See pic for said moved folder.

I've Rebuild the ZFS raid and started over with sorting the data in that dataset.
it seems there is no user folder in the dataset this time 0_o

Still i would like to know how i could have solved this problem should it appear in the future :x

Quincy

Attachments

• folder.PNG
    folder.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 379

Stux

MVP
That's the users home directory, exported to SMB, which is an option.

Suggest you watch @m0nkey_ 's SMB videos.

q_fleuren

Explorer
Thank you for the info! will check up on that asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.