Mounting A Dataset - Linux Mount Empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinderw

Explorer
Hello All,

I want to mount two parts of my pool to linux. I have successfully created mount points for both, one is a folder i created on the pool and one is a data set.

The folder on the pool mounts fine and i can see all the subfolders and files. The dataset mounts but i can't see any of the contents of the mount within linux.

Can anyone assist with why? After some searching it seems like it might be a permissions thing but i dont have the first clue about how to resolve that.

Thanks

Last edited:

emptyBox

Dabbler
Datasets allow for finer controls of said datasets. There are two places to start checking the permissions when something goes wrong;
1- the dataset itself, usually after being created the dataset will default to Root:Wheel on the dataset.
2-The NFS share you created in the under the sharing tab. I believe it's set up minimally by default.
(There is actually more, the others being the permissions of your in your linux box and it's permissions)

For each of these on Freenas, check the advanced tab to refine the permissions.

Really, logfiles is the first place you should really look at to give you an idea of what's going on. Usually once you know how they work well, then you can feel whats going on, but otherwise if your just learning, its hard to wrap your head around.

Status
Not open for further replies.