Current supported usenet plugin?

ChiknNutz

Patron
I have been using Sabnzbd since I built my NAS about 5 years ago. It appears Sab is no longer supported in the plugin realm of FreeNAS 11+. Further, I didn't see any supported usenet plugin in the list, unless I just missed it. I have only seen Transmission and I think qTorrent or something (not at the NAS now). I honestly don't know the real differences, just that Sab has worked well for me. Is there another more current Usenet plugin to use? I also use Sonarr and plan to use Radarr instead of Couchpotato as I like the Sonarr interface better. In the list of Usenet programs in those programs, I didn't see any that were also listed in the FreeNAS plugin list. The impetus for this is I am finally moving from Warden to Iocage jails and might as well rebuild everything so it stays reasonably current.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Sabnzbd is supported on 11.3 in the community plugins repository.

ChiknNutz

Patron
Does that mean I must upgrade to 11.3 in order to use it? I assume so as a support plug in, but will it still work on the 11.2 train in iocage?

ChiknNutz

Patron
I have no real desire to futz with all the shell stuff if I can avoid it. I just want a NAS that works with the software I need for movies, tv series and plex. Aside from that, I do not care to get under the hood of it all. I know many that do, I just have other things to tend to aside from learning Linux commands and scripting. I don't care if it is Sabnzbd or something else as long as it works from a GUI once it is working.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Even if you manually install SABnzbd (or NZBGet, or whatever)--in the most basic case, a whopping three commands that are well-documented here--ongoing use of any of them will be through their own web GUI. And regardless of whether you have a plugin or not, you're going to need to add mount points to the jail and set permissions appropriately.