Sabnzbd plugin doesn't download

• Thread starter Deleted member 37853
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 37853

Hello,

I am Dutch, so sorry if some of my English is not that well.

I have installed the x64 version of FreeNAS and use a SSD for my jails.
I have installed Sabnzbd plugin, and the folder that i have linked via Jails>Storage= Media.

The plugin works fine for a couple of days, and after that, downloads dont start anymore.
I have downloaded so series for my girlfriend, and now I wanted to download something, and it just don't start.
I have installed sabnzb on my Win 7 x64 machine, and used the same nzb to try to download the movie, and it worked. So, it's not my usenet provider.

Can you please help me? I deleted the plugin, and want to try a fresh install of the sabnzbd plugin. No effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ronald

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Did you check the logs, sounds like a permission issue. did you think about permissions when creating your dataset?

D

Deleted member 37853

Hi Joshua, where can I find those logs? The permissions have not changed over the days, the day before yesterday everything was working fine, I went to bed and the next morning I could not download anymore. So permissions don't seem the problem I guess..
And IF it is a permission problem, is it the sabnzbd folder, or the download folder? My jail is connected (via jail storage) to my Data: Downloads. Data is a zfs pool. Downloads a folder. Running the latest freenas version.

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
status > show logging (in the SABnzbd WebUI)

If permissions is the issue, it would be on the download folder.

D

Deleted member 37853

I will take a look when I am at home. Thanks for the help. Will keep you informed.

Cheers,

Ronald

D

Deleted member 37853

Cannot change permissions of /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd/Downloads/_Temp

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
where is your downloads folder? how is your mediaset mounted into the jail? your last post sounds troubling, like you mounted your downloads dataset on top of sabs datadirectory.

I have a guide on my personal blog that shows how I set my system up. search for 'jruehlig freenas'.

D

Deleted member 37853

I have my download folder of my pool Data. Jails>sabnzbd>storage>/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd/Downloads, it's linked to my /mnt/Data/Downloads.
Sabnzbd configured:
temp folder: Download>Temp
download folder: Download
Watchdir: Downloads>Watchdir.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have my download folder of my pool Data. Jails>sabnzbd>storage>/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd/Downloads, it's linked to my /mnt/Data/Downloads.
Sabnzbd configured:
temp folder: Download>Temp
download folder: Download
Watchdir: Downloads>Watchdir.
OK, I don't recommend you do it that way. the downloads directory should be owned by the user 'media' UID=816

D

Deleted member 37853

SABnzbd WebUI

Config > General
  • Article Cache Limit = 128M
Config > Folders
  • Temporary Download Folder = /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/incomplete
  • Completed Download Folder = /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete
  • Permissions for completed downloads = 777
  • Post-Processing Scripts Folder = /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia
Should it not be 0777 in the sabnzbdUI?

D

Deleted member 37853

OK, I don't recommend you do it that way. the downloads directory should be owned by the user 'media' UID=816

Why is that? My name, Ronald, is user ID 1001, aux group wheel. So if something is downloaded, I can move and delete it without problem via CIFS. Otherwise I get errors from permissions.

Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
SABnzbd WebUI

Config > General
  • Article Cache Limit = 128M
Config > Folders
  • Temporary Download Folder = /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/incomplete
  • Completed Download Folder = /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete
  • Permissions for completed downloads = 777
  • Post-Processing Scripts Folder = /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia
Should it not be 0777 in the sabnzbdUI?
by sabnzbdUI are you referring to the folder? don't touch that!

In my setup I'm referring to setting that are entered in the sabnzbd web interface.

please don't copy content from my blog here.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Why is that? My name, Ronald, is user ID 1001, aux group wheel. So if something is downloaded, I can move and delete it without problem via CIFS. Otherwise I get errors from permissions.

Thanks.
cause your downloads are mounted ontop of the pbi directory which can be deleted with a phi upgrade. always separate your programs from your data if you can. in sabnzbd just specify absolute paths.

I don't know or care about CIFS so I'm of no help getting those things to mix. if you follow my blog post start-finish it will work perfectly as a downloading machine. but I don't know how to add cifs...

D

Deleted member 37853

Hi Joshua, thanks for all your help,

Why does the jail storage function work for plugin Transmission, and Plex? Plex needs to look at my other pool (Media) to add the movies, series and music folders.
Without the jails storage function, i cannot get the plugins 'look' futher than their installation folder, on the Jails pool I created.

Shall I send you pics of my config of Freenas, so you can see how my folders on my pools are 'connected' to the installed plugins?

Cheers

D

Deleted member 37853

What I dont understand, downloading work perfect at this time, as I said in my description, after a couple of days it stops working. I dont understand where that is coming from.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
What I dont understand, downloading work perfect at this time, as I said in my description, after a couple of days it stops working. I dont understand where that is coming from.
you're not supplying enough information. 'ls -l' of the downloads folder. obviously something changed

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua, thanks for all your help,

Why does the jail storage function work for plugin Transmission, and Plex? Plex needs to look at my other pool (Media) to add the movies, series and music folders.
Without the jails storage function, i cannot get the plugins 'look' futher than their installation folder, on the Jails pool I created.

Shall I send you pics of my config of Freenas, so you can see how my folders on my pools are 'connected' to the installed plugins?

Cheers
mount it to /mnt/media in the jail not inside the programs datadirectory.

D

Deleted member 37853

/mnt/Data/Downloads/Sabnzbd# ls -l
total 115
drwxrwxrwx 4 root wheel 5 Mar 4 20:30 ./
drwxrwxrwx 4 root wheel 5 Mar 3 18:09 ../
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root wheel 6148 Mar 3 21:39 .DS_Store*
drwxrwxrwx 4 root wheel 5 Mar 4 20:49 _Temp/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root wheel 2 Mar 4 20:13 _Watchdir/

D

Deleted member 37853

Joshua, this is the config of my jails storage