sabnzbd Plugin file permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ricketts

Cadet
I have just installed the sabnzbd (0.7.18) plugin on my freenas (FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64 (ddd1e39))

When the files download they are locked in the share that I have created, and I can't do anything with them until I reset the permissions on the volume

Have I missed something here, or is there something else that I need to do to get it to save with a permission level that anyone can do anthing with it.

many thanks

Max

D

dlavigne

UFS or ZFS? What type of share? What type of permissions (Unix or Windows)? Have you added a storage to the jail?

Max Ricketts

Cadet
Hi there

ZFS share. Permissions on the share are. Owner (user) - nobody. Owner (group) - nobody. I know this isn't a good way to have it. but when I first installed this, I wasn't sure what to setup. But all is working ok. Its Unix permissions through NFS share.

Yes I added the share to the storage, and added it to the media folder on the jail.

I don't mind changing as long as it will work

Many thanks for you time to help

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
be default sabnzbd produced files owned by the 'media' user, uid 816. there are multiple ways you can solve your problem.

in sabnzbd's settings you can change the default permission files are created as. loosening this up is one fix

Max Ricketts

Cadet
be default sabnzbd produced files owned by the 'media' user, uid 816. there are multiple ways you can solve your problem.

in sabnzbd's settings you can change the default permission files are created as. loosening this up is one fix

Hi and thanks for the info.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction on how to do this.

Many thanks

Max

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi and thanks for the info.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction on how to do this.

Many thanks

Max
Config > Folders
Permissions for completed downloads = 777

you probably could have found this if you looked

Max Ricketts

Cadet
Config > Folders
Permissions for completed downloads = 777

you probably could have found this if you looked

Yes I should have seen that. I wasn't sure if you were talking about changing config settings through the terminal or now. Really appreciate your help on this!!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes I should have seen that. I wasn't sure if you were talking about changing config settings through the terminal or now. Really appreciate your help on this!!
no prob. nice thing about sab is all it's settings are available in the webui

Status
Not open for further replies.