SABNZBD Plugin (beginner question)

livin

Cadet
Hello Everyone,

first of all, I am very aware that my issue is probably a misunderstanding of permission settings.
But the only solutions I found were command line inputs, or stuff I didnt understand.

So here is my problem:

I have a Pool where my Jails are.
At the moment only 1 jail, which is SABNZBD with the default setting everywhere.
Installed, started, can go via manage in it and setup the rest.

I have a second pool, called files. Permissions are set to everyone and OPEN in ACL (super simple, nothing changed).
I mounted this pool to the jail, and set up the folders in SABNZBD to use these mounted folders as folders to use.

I copy a nzb file to "files".
Download starts. Download unpacks. Download finishes. All good.

Then the file gives me the permission error (attached).

I can "fix" this, if I go into "files" ACL and make it again open and use Strip ACL function.

My understanding is that I dont have the rights to use the files, because the SABNZBD User created the files.
But how do I make it correctly?

I would highly appreciate it with simple explainations only via the Truenas Dashboard, and ideally no Command Line if possible.

Thank you all a lot!

Attachments

• 2022-04-22-19.45.10.png
    2022-04-22-19.45.10.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 262

livin

Cadet
After more search in this forum, I found the solution.
Im still not sure if this is correct, or only works because the "files" folder is open. Ideally I want to understand how to setup it correctly also if the files folder is only for users/groups.
I think I need to set up a Jail User then? I would be happy if someone can point me in the right direction, im sure this issue has been resolved somewhere in this forum.

Anyway, for now I'll add the stupid solution, because you only need to add 777 to the SABNZBD settings. See attachment.

Attachments

• permissions.png
    permissions.png
    803.1 KB · Views: 277

livin

Cadet
I'm sorry for re-bumping this thread, but sadly this issue has not been resolved.

Even though adding 777 to the SABnzbd settings, made the files at least readable (so play + copy works), it doesnt allow modification.

Here are the permission of a file that was extracted (sabnzbpermissions)
compared to a file that was just created without user login (open settings on smb share) (newfile)

I would like SABnzbd to just create with the same permissions as the smb share has for any user.
In this case just everyone full access.

Attachments

• sabnzbdpermissions.png
    sabnzbdpermissions.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 280
  • newfile.png
    newfile.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 143