Sonarr Radarr Prowlar on TrueNAScore can't point to the same locations

5hepherd

Dabbler
i've been chasing my tail for three days now, i hope someone can help

I only use usenet

I set up Sonarr, Radarr, Prowlarr, and sabnzbd each in a separate jail running on my TrueNAScore which is running in a proxmox VM
they "seem" to be communicating with one another. e.g. they read each others' API keys, and when I searched for a title in prowlarr, it found it via my indexer and downloaded via sabzbd.

I have an additional proxmox vm running my jellyfin server

the problem is I'd like them all to look in the same place, and that is wherever sabnzbd downloads.
/usr/local/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete

but, I can't seem to mount the location of the download folder onto the /mnt/NAS location on the jellyfin server machine, because it is in a jail in TrueNAS

ergo, when I try to add a library in jellyfin, i have no way of reaching the downloads folder utilized by sabnzbd

i figure after a few days of going nuts and hours of searching/reading, I'll throw in the towel and am at your mercy

what should i do?

5hepherd

Dabbler
i've been chasing my tail for three days now, i hope someone can help

I only use usenet

I set up Sonarr, Radarr, Prowlarr, and sabnzbd each in a separate jail running on my TrueNAScore which is running in a proxmox VM
they "seem" to be communicating with one another. e.g. they read each others' API keys, and when I searched for a title in prowlarr, it found it via my indexer and downloaded via sabzbd.

I have an additional proxmox vm running my jellyfin server

the problem is I'd like them all to look in the same place, and that is wherever sabnzbd downloads.
/usr/local/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete

but, I can't seem to mount the location of the download folder onto the /mnt/NAS location on the jellyfin server machine, because it is in a jail in TrueNAS

ergo, when I try to add a library in jellyfin, i have no way of reaching the downloads folder utilized by sabnzbd

i figure after a few days of going nuts and hours of searching/reading, I'll throw in the towel and am at your mercy

what should i do?
forgot to mention:

structure of datapool in TrueNAS is
[pool] naspool1
->[dataset] arr
--> [dir] books
--> [dir] downloads
--> [dir] movies
--> [dir] music
--> [dir] tv

ideally, I'd like sabnzbd to dump all downloads into downloads (and downloads/incomplete) then batch them out to their respective directories tv shows into "tv", movies into "movies", etc. then I'd like to point jellyfin at those. before I confuse myself any further with hardlinks and such, i've been trying to just get this stuff coordinated

mounting points for each container:
sonarr : source: /mnt/naspool1/arr/tv destination: /mnt/naspool1/iocage/jails/sonarr/root/usr/local/share/mediaz/tv

radarr: source: /mnt/naspool1/arr/movies destination: /mnt/naspool1/iocage/jails/radarr/root/usr/local/share/mediaz/movies

prowlarr: source: /mnt/naspool1/arr destination: /mnt/naspool1/iocage/jails/prowlarr/root/usr/local/share/mediaz

sabnzbd: source: /mnt/naspool1/arr/downloads destination: /mnt/naspool1/iocage/jails/sabnzbd/root/usr/local/share/mediaz/downloads
source: /mnt/naspool1/arr/movies destination: /mnt/naspool1/iocage/jails/sabnzbd/root/usr/local/share/mediaz/movies
source: /mnt/naspool1/arr/tv destination: /mnt/naspool1/iocage/jails/sabnzbd/root/usr/local/share/mediaz/tv

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Usual method is for sab to drop things that are complete into a location that's unique per type, so downloads/complete/tv, downloads/complete/movies, etc.

Then the other 'arrs pick them up and move them out into final locations (probably doing some cleaning up of names and adding metadata for jellyfin to use).

So sonarr looks in downloads/complete/tv and moves to arr/tv, radarr looks in downloads/complete/movies and moves to arr/movies, etc.

Since your setup is so simple, why wouldn't you just mount arr to all of your jails at /mnt/arr ?

Then in each of the apps, you tell it to look for the stuff it needs in the relevant directory of that location instead of the "default" location under /usr for each of them.

5hepherd

Dabbler
that's precisely what I want to do, but for some reason, it won't let me mount. I can see the shares in windows, I can see them in the NAS set-up, but whenever I go to mount them each individual jail, or even the jail I created to run all the arrs in, it says "operation not permitted" or something

5hepherd

Dabbler
by running them in jails, it seems like they don't want to talk to each other. without a common mount, each is localized and /usr/local/share/mediaz/[whatever] is unique and isolated to each jail. But even when I stumble into success, and they do talk, then I can't actually get the files. I just downloaded two test "Linux ISOs" ;) via prowlarr interface, sabnzbd picked up the index request, downloaded the nearly 4gigs in about 10 seconds... so now i have a file in "/usr/local/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/[LINUX ISO about PIrates", but no way of reaching it.

What I'd like is to have one common dataset they all pull from/dump into and that all stays on the TrueNAS array, and then I point jellyfin at it., nothing moves, it just serves the file when requested from where it resides.

I got it all working ONCE, and then went to migrate it to the server, screwed it up somehow, and now I can't build it again for the life of me. I've done four new installs, one in portainer running each arr as a container... once as separate jail plugins on TrueNAS with NAT using ports, once the same way but each container with its own IP, and once all in one common jail doing CLI installs. I can get the arrs to talk to each other, but then can't figure out how to give jellyfin access via the library interface. Jellyfin is on it's own proxmox VM

bottom line is I want all the downloads going to one place (NAS), and the rest to just point there and serve the info. Ideally, if I can figure out how to get the arrs to NOT move stuff around, but just mark it/point to it, sabnzbd to dump data into one common place, and then sonarr do it's thing, and radarr and lidarr do theirs, "virtually", then jellyfin pick up the library locations and serve as needed. I don't know why it couldn't work that way (or maybe it is supposed to), but minimal movement and just pointing is the goal

5hepherd

Dabbler
I think I'll scrap the whole array and start over. How are people successfully running this? Docker? TrueNAS common jail? Separate jails? VMs?

You'd think after this many configurations, I'd be good at this by now, but I'm just developing skills on how to cock it up.

Perhaps new array should be this?

[pool] naspool1
->[dataset] arr
--> [dir] downloads
--> [dir] downloads
--> [dir] movies
--> [dir] music
--> [dir] tv

5hepherd

Dabbler
ignore above< i can't edit until I'm off moderator babysitting.
[pool] naspool1
->[dataset] arr
--> [dir] downloads
--> [dir] complete
--> [dir] movies
--> [dir] tv
--> [dir] music
--> [dir] other
--> [dir] incomplete
--> [dir] mediaz
--> [dir] music
--> [dir] tv
--> [dir] movies
--> [dir] other

so now the question is do I even need that second directory structure, or can I just leave stuff parked in /complete/[whatever] and use the other services to just point to it?

and the other question is... rather than set up the directory structure, should I just set them up as datasets each? would that making the sharing easier, or possibly have the benefit of snapshots for each? It would be cool to have a dataset per arr, then you could snapshot each install, and repopulate/migrate easier, if needed

I don't know... a week of all-nighters on this makes me want to go Office Space on my laptop sometimes

5hepherd

Dabbler
jesus... it removed all the formatting

/downloads
/downloads/complete
/downloads/complete/tv
/downloads/complete/movies
/downloads/complete/music
/downloads/complete/other

/downloads/incomplete

then a "tank" for parking?

5hepherd