Copying permissions from windows server to Truenas13

russmc

Cadet
I just set up Truenas 13 U3.1 on a box, joined it to the domain, created a dataset, then created a smb share. I was able to copy all of the files from my windows server to the new share using robocopy, but when I try to re-run the copy using the same robocopy command with the "/copy:datso", it gives me the following error:
Code:
2023/01/11 12:55:54 ERROR 1307 (0x0000051B) Copying NTFS Security to Destination Directory x:\
This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

I can set the owner and set permissions through windows explorer on my local computer but not from the server that I copied the files from. Is there anything special I have to do in the settings for the dataset or the SMB service to allow me to change permissions through?

Davvo

MVP
anodos will surely give you a better answer, but I believe you have to change the share's ACL from the WebUI.

Did you setup any permissions on the dataset you created? If so what are/were they?

russmc

Cadet
Changed the owner of the data set to the "admin" id that I used to copy the data from the windows server. Set that user up with all of the rights under Advanced. Flags are set to basic.

The "Admin" ID for the windows server has full rights in the share ACL.

servblues

Cadet
I see you didn't post your original question that long ago...
I have been trying to solve the same problem myself the last days with no success.

Did you manage to solve it?
Thanks!

russmc

Cadet
I have not. I'm currently fixing permissions on the source server, so I can just apply them manually to the destination server.

tbol.inq

Dabbler
Is there any update on this, I'm suffering from the same issues.

If set the AD admin group in data set permissions, share acl, and file permissions, but I'm not able to copy files with the security identiferes or with owners by robocopy. Sill getting 1307 error.
This is so frustrating, why does this not work?

tbol.inq

Dabbler
I have not. I'm currently fixing permissions on the source server, so I can just apply them manually to the destination server.
Maybe have a look on my solution for this problem, I copied it from the other thread I opened regarding your error:
For everyone who runs into the same issues and is about to get frustrated as hell.
If you are in a multidomain setup, please make sure that your other domains are also added to the IDMAP settings.

If not add a new entry at IDMAP settings, choose RID, your new domainname and a range of IDs to be used for that domain.

Next to that add a aux parameter to the SMB server:
force unknown acl user = yes

Finally, avoid Ownerships and Permissions on the source that have non domain specific objects like <FILESERVER>\<LOCALUSER>. TrueNAS does not map such users because they are not known.
[...]