Cluster Config Error

NickF

Guru
Hi Guys,

Trying to play with this again now that Bluefin has been out a while and 2.3 is released.

I'm having trouble even making a cluster.
I tried making VIPs in the same network as my "management" interface, and I also tried making a VIP in a different network on a different network card. I get the same error either way. Am I doing something wrong?

I also tried making the interfaces have aliases, and not have aliases...

Examples host:
1676520574464.png

VIPs:
1676520563264.png

Page two, Associate VIP:
1676520370091.png

The screenshots and documentation here:

Seem to be for v2.2, and there must be some UI differances between 2.3 and 2.2 in the setup wizard, because It

Last edited:

NickF

Guru
Posted bug report if anyone else is having trouble setting up a new cluster...

NickF

Guru
I lied. Problem seems to be resolved in 22.12.1.

I have a new error now. I start to make the actual storage layout and this is what I get:
1677366402966.png

But it shows up:
1677366462269.png

But it is working:
1677366575300.png

Last edited:
I've got the same problem. Showing this error on all interfaces when associating VIPs.

Error: [ENOENT] No ctdbd private IP addresses were detected

Using TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.1 on all nodes and TrueCommand (Docker) 2.3.1

aervin

iXsystems
iXsystems
Hey y'all, just want to let you know we're seeing these posts. Lot's of work is going into hardening this feature. We are finding issues with successive cluster standup/teardown that should be ironed out in upcoming releases. Fwiw, in the Associate VIPs step, TC should be passing through the result of:
Code:
midclt call ctdb.public.ips.interface_choices | jq
The output should be consistent across cluster nodes.

Thanks for helping us flesh out this feature.

Urbaman

Dabbler
Hi,
Having the very same issue with 3x Truenas Scale 22.12.2 and Truecommand 2.3.2

I have 2xNICS on the Scale machines, the first (bind to the web GUI) in 10.0.50.0 network (say *21,*22,*23), the second (for cluster) in 10.0.70.0.
I chose the 10.0.70.0 IPs in the cluster creation step, then the VIPs (10.0.50.0 network, say *27,*28,*29) in the cluster configuration step.
When selecting the NICs for the VIPs, the error comes up.
It also says "server not found" for first machine when I try to get back later to the same step.

This is the output of the midclt call ctdb.public.ips.interface_choices | jq:

[ENOENT] No ctdbd private IP addresses were detected Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 196, in call_method result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1318, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1186, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/cluster_linux/ctdb_public.py", line 31, in interface_choices raise CallError('No ctdbd private IP addresses were detected', errno.ENOENT) middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOENT] No ctdbd private IP addresses were detected

Thanks.

Hi again, just updated my machines and tried again since last time...

Still going with the same errors/bugs. Do you have an temporary fix or ETA for fixing this bug?

Thanks

Urbaman

Dabbler
Hi, I managed to go on manually activating ctdb on the nodes (creating the nodes file and restarting the service).
Afterwards, it doesn't show me the first nic for the VIPs assignment, just the second one I dedicated to storage; I'd like to put the VIPs on the first nic for clients access.
Also, continues to sometimes give "server not found" error, probably ctdb or something else is not so much reliable at the moment for how it is used.