SMB Clustering on 2.2 Nightly

Astraea

Dabbler
I am not sure this is the right place to be making this post but this afternoon I spun up a set of 3 TrueNAS Scale servers in a VM to test out the new version of Scale and TrueCommand. So I also spun up a new version of TrueCommand on my laptop using the nightly build. Once everything was installed and configured as I normally would for a new Scale install, I was able to create a cluster but when trying to complete the cluster setup for the SMB setup. On 1 of the servers I could not select the IP address and on the other 2 I could but on all of them I could not select the interface and under the Interface and Static IP options, there was an error 2 for all of them. I did shut all three Scale installs off and added a second virtual NIC that only the three nodes used for cluster communication and also restarted TrueCommand. After that, I was able to get past the network setting screen.

However I ran into another issue, it wants to only continue using Active Directory configured as that is apparently the only way it supports as there is no way to sync SMB users across the cluster. I only use Linux in my setup so I do not have Active Directory configured so I cannot move past that screen. Guess I am back waiting for another update to TrueNAS and or TrueCommand before I try again.

Does anyone know if there will be alternative methods for cross-cluster user management such as LDAP or even just an option in the GUI to create/manage cluster-based used that get created on each node in the cluster with the same UID and GID. I did find in some documentation that users with the same UID and GID will work as long as they are on each node but I was not sure how to complete the setup in TrueCommand using this method.

sretalla