CIFS with LDAP - access denied when trying to conenct

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhilgenkamp

Dabbler
I am using my Mac OS X Server OD Master for LDAP on my FreeNAS. I have set up AFP shares and everything seems to work fine; permissions are working correctly, I can connect fine, etc. However, when I'm trying to set up a CIFS share I can't seem to get connected with any username/password combination I can think of. If I enable guest access then I can connect fine. Disabling guest access then asks me for a username/password. I try using the owner name on the share but cannot connect. I've googled for every possible thing I can think of but cannot find a solution to the problem. Does anyone have any tips on getting this to work?

purrdeta

Cadet
I have this exact same problem! I could really use some help here. The only difference is that my LDAP server is running OpenLDAP on Scientific Linux.

bhilgenkamp

Dabbler
No, I still have not found a solution to this. I'm running FreeNAS-8.3.0-BETA3-x64 (r12468M) and OS X Server 10.6.8

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you are having problems why are you still on a Beta? The release version has been out for a month.

bhilgenkamp

Dabbler
Been away from this issue for a little while and coming back to it now. I have since updated to the latest version FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty). Still having the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.