Can't connect to cifs share with username/password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysurf76

Dabbler
[SOLVED] Can't connect to cifs share with username/password.

I just built a freenas box and I have two cifs shares. One zfs volume is setup for unauthenticated guest access and works fine, and I am working on setting up the other zfs volume for authenticated access.

In the freenas guide it instructs you to use the same username/password that you use to log in to your computer. This is where my setup is different. I don't use a password on any of my windows boxes, and I wanted to authenticate by simply entering the username and password whenever I connect to cifs share. I made an account on the freenas box and created the cifs share and made the username its owner. No matter what I try I cannot log into the share from any windows machine. I put in the username and password that it belongs to but windows just just says its inaccessible. I even tried to map a network drive and tried clicking "login with different username/password" with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

skysurf76

Dabbler
Nevermind. I logged out of windows and logged back in and everything is working fine now. I came across a post about how windows keeps all the file sharing info cached until you log out and log back in. I was making a bunch of changes on the freenas box and never logged out of windows and logged back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.