Windows 8 Workgroup CIFS share issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun

Cadet
Hello,
My question is in regards to the documentation that states the cifs share user permission has to be the same windows account name / password in order for it to work. I am currently not using a local user for my windows 8 machine. Do I need to switch to a local profile in order to access the share? I keep getting access denied when i try freenas\username and password. or just username and pass. I cannot add the roaming profile windows account because it is an email address.
This is on FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (a752d35)

Thanks for any help given. I cant find much on windows 8 and cifs shares.

D

dlavigne

Do you have an URL to any documentation that explains how you login to Windows8 or the Windows term for what this is called? e.g. if it doesn't ask for a username/password, what does it ask for when you login?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The username and password that you use to log into your windows 8 machine just needs to be the same as the username and password that you configured for the cifs share on FreeNas. The credentials still go over the wire the same as if you are using a local account. Your account should have a username that goes along with that email. Do you have admin on this computer? You should be able to go into "user accounts" and see exactly what your username is.

Status
Not open for further replies.