AFP Share access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

john-woods

Dabbler
Hello everyone,

I recently made the switch from Ubuntu to FreeNAS on my media server at home. I am running FreeNAS 8.3 and have installed the plug-ins from the Source Forge page, Transmission, FireFly and MiniDLNA. My server is up and running and my CIFS share is working without issue for both Windows and Mac OS clients accessing either as Guest or a user named John with password access.

I have tried to create an AFP share also but I am unable to access it, I just get a 'failed to connect' error when I try to access this share as Guest or as John. The AFP share is pointing to the same directory as the CIFS share, basically the root of my Volume named Storage at /mnt/Storage. I can see the share to try and connect to it but that's all.

In the AFP configuration I set a share password, I tried with the Allow and Read-Write Access lists empty or with 'John, Guest' or 'nobody' in there but no matter what I change I can't seem to access it.

I deleted and re-created the AFP share several times as well as enabling/disabling it but nothing seems to work.

Thanks everyone,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.