I can't move files on freenas share / server when connecting over AFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamGuy

Dabbler
I have one weird problem on my FreeNAS 8.2 BETA2 server, I have successfully managed to configure samba / cifs sharing for my Windows systems and afp (v3) for my Macintosh systems. But if I try to take one downloaded file from my created download directory on my FreeNAS server over to my multimedia directory on the server from any of my Mac's using AFP it won't do anything at all. It will claim to start the file transfer, but it just keeps on forever not moving even one tiny little bit of data.

What makes matters even worse is that my Transmission (torrent) downloads on my Mac will freeze completely when I try to do this, it will also make Transmission freeze completely if I use settings whereby Transmission keeps the unfinished data in the download directory, but will move it to my designated directory upon complete download the client and everything will just freeze while it try to move the data from one directory to the other until I force crash the entire client.

My AFP share looks as follows:

Name: freenas
Path: /mnt/ZFS_RAIDZ (owner: ramguy)
Share password: blank (only way to be able to auto-mount freenas afp shares without inputting a password every single time I connect to the share)
Allow list: ramguy
Read-write allow list: ramguy
Disk discovery: checked
Disk discovery mode. Default
Enable .AppleDouble: Checked
AFP3 Unix Privs: Checked

AFP service:

Server name: freenas
Guest Access: Checked (for easy and fast access)
Guest account: ramguy
Max connections: 50

I successfully connect by going CMD+K (connect to server), typing afp://"freenas ip-address" and I can download data directly to the share but moving data within the share is messing things up completely.

What's even more ironic is the fact that when connecting using smb://"freenas ip-address" and inputting my username and password I can successfully move things around using samba / cifs on my Mac's but not while using AFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.