Changing Localization stuff in System Settings -> General breaks TrueNAS Scale

xpac

Cadet
So... it seems I found a bug that manages to kill my TrueNAS Scale VM...
I went to System Settings -> General and made a few changes... not 100% sure which exactly, but I'm pretty sure I set the timezone to Europe/Berlin, and changed the date + time format from whatever the default was.
(See the screen on https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scaleuireference/systemsettings/generalsettingsscreens/)
Afterwards, that page of the UI was partially broken... it only showed the Support + and NTP Servers panels, the others were simply gone.
After a restart, the VM fails wildly, with ~13 services not properly coming up, including middlewared and a few others. My ZFS pool doesn't get imported/mounted, the UI isn't available, and I get the "middleware is not running. Press ENTER to open root shell" message.
On startup, the first service to fail is "TrueNAS Middleware", and then a bunch of services after it.
When I try to manually start middlewared, it crashes after a few seconds showing what you see in the screenshot, and what makes me think that the change of date/time format didn't work out.
Long story short: Do you know how to revert Localization settings made in the UI, or is there a central config file where TrueNAS Scale stores all its options?

Attachments

• 2023-03-14_17-43-25_firefox.png
    2023-03-14_17-43-25_firefox.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 97

xpac

Cadet
I spent too much time trying to figure out what I broke to let that knowledge just disappear into the void :D