Can't connect to SMB share on my work computer but can on personal

CalebP

Cadet
Please help as I am such a loss!

I have created an SMB Dataset and share and yet I cannot access the NAS on my network through my work computers. For some context I have two desktops that are logged in through my business Microsoft log in, so I am concerned that through doing so the default business settings are missing key features that allow SMB connections. I am certain it is a Windows problem as I can easily access the NAS when I wire in my personal laptop to the network switch. Both my laptop and the work computers run Windows 11 the only difference is the desktops were set up using my business Microsoft account and the laptop is set up on a personal Microsoft account.

All I get when I attempt to reach the database is "access denied" and when I use another user and use the user log in from the local group I created in TrueNAS I get "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated."

Example LogIn.png

LoginAttempt.png

Are there default settings I need to change in my organization to be able to connect to the database?

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.

Kind regards,

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

You probably need to enable SMB2 on the Windows boxes, which for security reasons is turned off in most versions of Windows 10 and later. It can be a little frustrating though usually without much effort it is resolved.

Welcome to the forums, stick around if you like, we're pretty friendly.