My Windows is screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried installing freenas, 32bit win7. But then I didn't know it erased my Windows and I couldn't boot into Windows, Greene's is also not working img below
95f4284234cb9477c3aae9a120d0dcd3.jpg

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
There's nothing you can do since you ignored every warning presented to you.

-incompatible hardware
-ignored warnings that it would erase disk
-ignored ALL documentation

You are on your own for getting a working windows install

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Alright but any ideas how to make freenas work?I did install it properly.

Sent from my Xperia Z3
Again, you appear to be using UNSUPPORTED hardware. Read the documentation and stickies we have here.

If you installed to a laptop, you are using hardware that is unsupported and FreeNAS will not work.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It looks like it is working just fine. I don't think it's going to do anything useful for you, since it is a NAS appliance and it's on what appears to be a laptop.

You can try configuring the network interface through the console UI but it doesn't look like it sees a usable network interface, so I'd say you're totally hosed.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You insert your Windows install or recovery DVD and follow the prompts.

Oh boy.....

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Yeah, I know, this thread can't go anywhere productive.

adrianwi

Guru
He could configure a network interface, log into the FreeNAS WebUI, create a VirtualBox jail and install his copy of Windows XP in there?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
He could configure a network interface, log into the FreeNAS WebUI, create a VirtualBox jail and install his copy of Windows XP in there?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D
Yes do this!

solarisguy

Guru
Actually, he cannot do anything of the above, since his Windows (that was on the laptop) is gone...

Possibly one can manage FreeNAS from Xperia Z3, but we would need to know more about the network topology...

jgreco

Resident Grinch
well, if he has recovery disks, he can theoretically reload the Windows operating system. However, since it is a laptop, it is extremely unlikely that he will be able to establish network connectivity to the FreeNAS on that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.