Cant access my server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigverm23

Dabbler
I cannot access my server via the ip or the domain name - however I can access any of the jails within without issue. Cannot access my share either.

screenshot below of what the server is showing at the console. this is setup as a mirror usb boot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.51.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.51.49 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 204

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
What is da4?

Usually this kind of thing indicate a failed boot drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

bigverm23

Dabbler
Shows as healthy though....do I physically pull it or?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180601-203549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180601-203549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 183

joeschmuck

Old Man
I agree, da4 is problematic. Healthy doesn't mean anything when you have access issues. You might be best to just run a single USB boot device. Try to backup your config file, unless you already have one then I'd remove the failed USB drive and reinstall FreeNAS and restore the config file. I personnaly don't care for mirrored USB boot drives when it's so easy to restore a single drive provided you maintain fairly recent configuration backups.

bigverm23

Dabbler
I agree, da4 is problematic. Healthy doesn't mean anything when you have access issues. You might be best to just run a single USB boot device. Try to backup your config file, unless you already have one then I'd remove the failed USB drive and reinstall FreeNAS and restore the config file. I personally don't care for mirrored USB boot drives when it's so easy to restore a single drive provided you maintain fairly recent configuration backups.

why do I have to reinstall FreeNAS after detaching the bad usb? to be clear, this is what i did - went to Settings > Boot and detached the supposed bad usb..........will that suffice or do I need to do something else?

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
That sounds fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.