Cannot update plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I refuse to accept that. This all started after a Freenas update without anything else changing as far as I remember. That advice to start over is like telling someone to re-install his Windows machine when he's experiencing a problem.

Thats advice I've seen given out a lot on this forum rather than getting some pointers towards where to find log files to fix the cause of the problem.

@SweetAndLow: that's not meant personally towards you, it just reflects my opinion as of lately.

As it seems unlikely to get any helpful advice on how to find the root cause of the problem, lets just agree to close this thread here. I've been given workarounds that will keep the system working for a while and that's good enough for now.
I say that because its not broken. You messed it up somehow. The time spent asking you questions to try to figure out what you changed without knowing is not worth it for random people on the internet. Much faster for you and me both to just reinstall so it works like it was meant to.

ovizii

Patron
I say that because its not broken. You messed it up somehow. The time spent asking you questions to try to figure out what you changed without knowing is not worth it for random people on the internet. Much faster for you and me both to just reinstall so it works like it was meant to.
Alright, I get that. But how about some info on where and how to debug? What gets written into what log file? Where is the any info about that? I don't mind wasting my own time hunting this problem down but I need some pointers... or rather I needed as its highly unlikely to happen :smile:

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Alright, I get that. But how about some info on where and how to debug? What gets written into what log file? Where is the any info about that? I don't mind wasting my own time hunting this problem down but I need some pointers... or rather I needed as its highly unlikely to happen :smile:
Just like any Unix like system, /var/log holds all the logs

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You can look at /var/log/messages for logs and anything else in that directory. You can also look at zfs history to see exactly what zfs commands are run, this will maybe let you reproduce the bug manually if it's an issue with one of those commands.

ovizii

Patron
had a look at /var/log/messages couldn't quite make sense of it so I decided to manually download the .pbi files than installed them into the right jails via the freeNAS GUI and voila all is perfect again :smile:

P.S. This worked for both, Plex and Syncthing

Status
Not open for further replies.