Cannot update plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovizii

Patron
running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506232120
16GB ECC RAM

Attempting to update plexmediaserver-0.9.12.1.1079-amd64 and syncthing-0.11.5-amd64 I always get this error:
Code:
Jun 25 13:39:18 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to update plugin]
Jun 27 12:00:28 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]

Any ideas are welcome.

Last edited:

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Nope, never changed anything expect maybe from DHCP to static IP, that#s al I ever did to a jail...

This problem is a remnant of this one, if you care to read up a bit:
- 1st thread where you actually helped out: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/need-help-with-bootup-grub-settings.34940/
- 2nd complete thread: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/problems-with-the-latest-upgrade.35048/
Dhcp to static....

Did you add your name server and gateway in your network configuration?

ovizii

Patron
yes, of course, everything is working, transmission, plex, sickrage, etc and when updating the plugins the plugins get downloaded and there is an attempt at installation which then results in above error.

ovizii

Patron
Even after the latest freenas update this issue is still persisting.
anyone able to advise what else to check or do?

ovizii

Patron
ANY help or ideas? What am I supposed to do? There must be log files to check, debug flags to enable, tec...

ovizii

Patron
Still stuck here, if I uninstall plex, then re-install, will it re-use the existing jail and thus use all my old settings and stuff?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
No it will use a brand new jail with no settings configured.

ovizii

Patron
I'm still ubanle tu update any installed plugin, always getting:

Code:
Aug 27 21:57:57 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to update plugin]

since there are simply no replies or suggestions, I guess I'll keep using the system without updating any plugins until it will one day finally break.

I'm still ubanle tu update any installed plugin, always getting:

Code:
Aug 27 21:57:57 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to update plugin]

since there are simply no replies or suggestions, I guess I'll keep using the system without updating any plugins until it will one day finally break.
what FreeNAS build are you on?

ovizii

Patron
I've just updated to FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201508250051 but the problem still persists hence my refreshing of this thread.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Can you restart the jail and the plugin?

ovizii

Patron
yes I can stop/start the plugins and the jails and they all work just fine. Its just that I'm getting further and further away from the latest version of the plugins so one day I'm sure they'll cease to work.

atm. Plex and Syncthing cannot be updated, everything else hasn't had an update in some time so I can't test.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You could always just update the Plex script using the update script floating around the forums. It will effect let you update to a Plex pass version of you pay for that. Do a search to find it, should be easy.

ovizii

Patron
jepp, I know and it works but its only a workaround not a fix... the problem still exists for the syncthing plugin though.

ovizii

Patron
:smile: brilliant, another usable workaround. Thanks guys, this should keep the issues at bay until maybe one day a new version of Freenas will fix all of my woes.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
:) brilliant, another usable workaround. Thanks guys, this should keep the issues at bay until maybe one day a new version of Freenas will fix all of my woes.
I doubt a new version of freenas will ever fix your issues. Something is configured incorrectly and that won't be undone. Your best bet is to do a fresh install and configure it correctly.

ovizii

Patron
I refuse to accept that. This all started after a Freenas update without anything else changing as far as I remember. That advice to start over is like telling someone to re-install his Windows machine when he's experiencing a problem.

Thats advice I've seen given out a lot on this forum rather than getting some pointers towards where to find log files to fix the cause of the problem.

@SweetAndLow: that's not meant personally towards you, it just reflects my opinion as of lately.

As it seems unlikely to get any helpful advice on how to find the root cause of the problem, lets just agree to close this thread here. I've been given workarounds that will keep the system working for a while and that's good enough for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom