Cannot map FreeNAS network drive in Windows 10

Bas4carp

Cadet
Firstly I am 67 year old Newbie, that has no in-depth knowledge of pc’s, networks and FreeNAS who loves dabbling with computers.

I became interested in Freenas about 2 years ago after seeing an article about reusing old pc’s as file servers. So I decided to repurpose my old HP machine. Don’t ask me how, but I managed to build and set up the server, running Freenas 9.2, I am now on FreeNAS-11.2-U7 with a AMD A6-5400k APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 cores) with 15 GiB memory. With 2 mirrored 3TB WD Enterprise drives.

All is working fine, and I use the server to store my backups, and I installed Plex using the Plex jail. As I have started copying my DVD collection using VLC and Handbrake. The server lives in a cupboard and as the hard drive temps were hitting 80 degrees C, I added two 12 volt fans in a push pull configuration to the cupboard, linked to a thermostatically controlled temperature sensor, which maintains the drives at an average temperature of 35 degrees C

My issue is that I upgraded my home pc to Windows 10, which is working fine, and my FreeNAS share has been mapped as a network drive and I can access it through Windows explorer. On my second PC which I have just built, Windows 10 is installed, and yet no matter what I do, I cannot access my FreeNAS share as it does not show up in Windows explorer and when I try to map it, the drive is not seen, despite having network discovery turned on. In fact I have checked all Windows settings on both PC’s and they seem identical.

I do not believe that it’s a FreeNAS issue, as my original PC can see the share.

Apologies if all this does not make sense, or if I have posted it under the wrong heading, but I will be thankful if someone can point me in the right direction to resolve this matter.

How I have ever got this far is one of life’s big mysteries lol

Regards
Bernie

sretalla