SOLVED Cannot Enable S3 Service

aerospyke

Dabbler
Hey all,

So I have a new appliance running 22.02 and I'm trying to configure the S3 service so I can do some testing on object storage with backups... BUT it won't let me configure it so it will start. I have entered all the info, there's no incorrect or missing information but the save button is inactive. Up until now i've been using core and have no problems configuring S3 service on there, but is scale different (possible)? Broken perhaps (doubtful)?

On a slightly related note, if I am to be deploying Minio in containers on this box, would I even enable the S3 service? Is it a requirement or a double up? Thinking of having a few Minio containers to test some data isolation scenarios vs a cluster with multiple buckets/users.

Love to hear from the knowledgeable crowd out there.

aerospyke

Dabbler
Update on this one, I've been playing around with Minio and I have a few containers with different isolated buckets serving S3, with the native S3 service still disabled. I can't see this changing, but I would love to figure out how to assign different user accounts to different buckets to simplify my deployment, just need more time to get there.

razexzzz

Cadet
Yeah I am running into the same issue of the save icon not being grey to continue. I double checked the docs and everything is correct. So it seems this might be a bug?

razexzzz

Cadet
I figured it out. The access key and secret key can only be letters and numbers. I watched the set up video again and took notice that he said alpha numeric. I took out all special characters and it was allowed to save the configuration. So the input should be validated to only allow alpha numeric characters.

aerospyke

Dabbler
Wow I completely missed that. Good pickup.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I figured it out. The access key and secret key can only be letters and numbers. I watched the set up video again and took notice that he said alpha numeric. I took out all special characters and it was allowed to save the configuration. So the input should be validated to only allow alpha numeric characters.

To be fair, MinIO mimics S3, which also has the same limitation. Please open a Jira ticket with the feature request to update the service tooltip.

Marc Lachapelle

Dabbler
To be fair, MinIO mimics S3, which also has the same limitation. Please open a Jira ticket with the feature request to update the service tooltip.
I agree that the limitation is from MinIO/S3 but I will open a feature request because TrueNAS SCALE GUI could easily catch this and it would help. I spent an hour (convinced it was TLS related) .....