SOLVED Can the S3 disk be read/write?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CF HEOH

Cadet
Hi

I think it is great that there is an S3 target in FreeNAS. It's a Minio server as we know it.

I configured the S3 service using /mnt/pool1/folder1 as disk. This is where I can create buckets and upload files from the Minio browser port 9000.

Then I shared the /mnt/pool1/folder1 (which the active S3 disk) via SMB to a Windows client. I can map the SMB share (which is the S3 disk) to a network drive, and I can see the buckets and the files/folders I have uploaded earlier via the browser client. Unfortunately, all the files/folders are *READ-ONLY*. From the mapped drive, I also CANNOT create any new files/folders.

I have checked that the dataset /mnt/pool1/folder1's owner/group changed to minio/minio after I created the S3 disk with the path. I changed the owner/group to the /mnt/pool1/folder1 dataset but then the Minio browser cannot create the buckets or allow upload of files/folders, but the NAS on Windows worked

I can't get the both worlds where I can create buckets or upload files via the browser, and I can also edit the files/folders uploaded.

Anyone encountered this issue? Looking for good pointers to fix this issue. Thanks in advance

/CF

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You have a permissions problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

CF HEOH

Cadet
You have a permissions problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Hi Chris

You are absolutely right. I gave this some thoughts and configured the general user with minio as the auxiliary group. Now it works. Probably should have done more homework.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

/CF

Status
Not open for further replies.