TrueNAS Scale S3 Service to Minio Application Migration

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I just ran up an instance (using a proper certificate for both the API and console endpoints) and it logs in fine.

I note that before I had the right certificate config, the login was not working with the credentials I had set.

kavaa

Dabbler
I just ran up an instance (using a proper certificate for both the API and console endpoints) and it logs in fine.

I note that before I had the right certificate config, the login was not working with the credentials I had set.
I'm using a Wildcard certificate. Might that be the problem?
And what are you using at:
MinIO Server URL (API)
MinIO Browser Redirect URL

Have mine set to: https://truenas.domain.com both
Cannot leave them blank.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

kavaa

Dabbler
Right, so we cannot use the old S3 location (dataset) or can we? Did anyone found a way to do this safely?
Otherwise we need to create a new location and copy 15TB of Buckets :-( Its split into about 243 buckets...

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

I guess there may be some clues here on how to transfer data over, but I expect the format is different, so direct re-use wouldn't be an option.

Richard Durso

Explorer
Right, so we cannot use the old S3 location (dataset) or can we? Did anyone found a way to do this safely?
Otherwise we need to create a new location and copy 15TB of Buckets :-( Its split into about 243 buckets...

The standalone/file system mode used by TrueNAS S3 Service (release 2021-11-24T23:19:33Z) was dropped from MinIO back in release 2022-10-24T18-35-07Z. Nothing newer than that is going to work. Any path forward needs some kind of export/copy process.

Perhaps you could explore setting up a docker container using a version around 2022-10-24T18-35-07Z, see if it can use the old dataset and then try to determine if that version support exporting data. This Github issue hints that its possible. If that works, you should be able to get a clean export and less of a hack then I documented.

kavaa

Dabbler
The standalone/file system mode used by TrueNAS S3 Service (release 2021-11-24T23:19:33Z) was dropped from MinIO back in release 2022-10-24T18-35-07Z. Nothing newer than that is going to work. Any path forward needs some kind of export/copy process.

Perhaps you could explore setting up a docker container using a version around 2022-10-24T18-35-07Z, see if it can use the old dataset and then try to determine if that version support exporting data. This Github issue hints that its possible. If that works, you should be able to get a clean export and less of a hack then I documented.
Right, thanks. Still checking which MinIO going to use. What is the best advice? Chart version, Enterprise or regular Docker config? What’s your guys take on this?

Also saw some things to Mirror or replicate. Still got enough space left but its going to be a pain

adam7288

Cadet
Any updates on this? Same boat, terabytes of s3 data needing to be migrated but cannot afford downtime.

kavaa

Dabbler