Cannot access SMB shares after upgrade to v. 12

HerrB

Cadet
I just upgraded to version 12 - katastrophy. Cannot access my shares anymore at all.

I had my shares set up but suddenly, I receive permission denied no matter what I do.

following issues:
1. All my data is in the root of the pool. With version 12, this is not suggested anymore. One should create a subdataset. Settings for permissions are greyed out. So how will I be able to access my old data and possibly transfer it to a new pool?
pool settings disabled.png

2. Due to beeing unable to change permissions on my existing dataset, I created a sub dataset for testing. I am able to set permissions on that but no matter what I do, it wont work.
Steps to reproduce:
Step 1: Create an account and set password
user.png

Step 2: Create Sub Dataset with share type smb
dataset.png

Step 3: Set dataset permissions in pool
pool1.png

pool2.png

Step 4: Create share on dataset
share.png

Step 5: Set permissions on share (Edit File System ACL)
share_perm1.png

share perm2.png

Step 6: Try to authenticate to share:
select shares.png

Trying with guest access enabled:

guest.png

HerrB

Cadet
Update. accessing is possible now. apparently was an issue with Windows.

Now the prime question: all my data is in mnt/BigData which is inaccessible. How do I move it to mnt/BigData/BigData?

rjkbj

Cadet
I am having this same issue. You mentioned it was a problem with Windows? Do you remember how you fixed the problem?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Update. accessing is possible now. apparently was an issue with Windows.

Now the prime question: all my data is in mnt/BigData which is inaccessible. How do I move it to mnt/BigData/BigData?
/mnt/BigData shouldn't have been made inaccessible by upgrade unless the "root" account was being used to access the SMB server? What are the permissions on /mnt/BigData and /mnt/BigData/BigData? (use "getfacl <path>")

HerrB

Cadet
apparently, the root account was beeing used to access the server
@rjkbj I have been able restore my files with an ssh shell.

ajr1303

Cadet
Can you explain how you restored your file wit ssh? I am still having issues accessing my old data

rumpuscat

Cadet
I have also recently upgraded from 11.3 to 12.0 and can no longer access my shares through windows 10. Can I fix this easily? Should I downgrade back to 11.3 U5 and is that even possible, or must I scrap everything and start over?

rumpuscat

Cadet
I have also recently upgraded from 11.3 to 12.0 and can no longer access my shares through windows 10. Can I fix this easily? Should I downgrade back to 11.3 U5 and is that even possible, or must I scrap everything and start over?
screw it, I see now it's an old thread. Pardon me for trying to bring the dead back. I'll start a new thread I guess, or just reformat my drives and start over. I don't know anything about freeBSD or linux. so I'm lost and am kind of upset after the upgrade to 12 I have broken my system