C2750D4I startup problems... not the only person apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Somehow I managed to spend a lot of money on my C2750D4I board without doing enough research and finding out it was probably a bad idea.
I am a complete novice (which might wind one or two people on here up a bit) I have built couple of PCs in my time, but some of the terms I've read on here don't make sense to me. So I'm afraid I'm going to need things broken down into simple terms.

So I only got the board delivered yesterday and once I installed it I turned everything on and it got stuck on "System Initializing" I've not been able to get it to go any further through the process and I have no idea what to do.
It's a brand new setup nothing installed on I whatsoever.

I appreciate any help and support I receive this point. I have contacted ASRock, but it appears people get a quicker response on here than they do with them.

My setup:
Fractal Node 304 Case
ASRock C2750D4I DDR3 Motherboard
2x 16GB PC3L-12800 DDR3-1600MHz ECC RAM
Arctic Blue 850w Power Supply
6x 2TB WD RED HDDs
SanDisk 32GB USB3.0 USB Stick

Redcoat

MVP
How long did you leave it at "System Initializing..." ? Mine is about 20 seconds before anything else is evident.

m0nkey_

MVP
The C2XXX boards have a known hardware bug which prevents them from booting. If it remains like this for more than 10 minutes, your best course of action is to RMA the motherboard with ASRock.

I left it for over an hour at one point because I went off to do something else and forgot about it.

Am I better off sending it back to ASRock? Or going back to my supplier? Although I doubt boards are the sorts of things that they would accept once plugged in.

Redcoat

MVP
If you read through this thread https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/how-long-your-asrock-c2550d4i-or-c2750d4i-lasted.45445/
you will have a better understanding of this whole matter.
Asrock and many other manufacturers using the C2000 Atom have been suffering from this Intel device problem and replacing used hardware has been the solution.
Based on reports here, Asrock has been a responsible and reactive supplier.
If I were you I would go back to Asrock directly (as you have done) and cut out the potential disruption of an uncooperative supplier.
Good luck with this, please tell us how you get on.

I appreciate your help. I’ll wait for ASRock to get back in touch and I’m sure that they’ll decide the same route you’ve suggested then.

Thank you. I’ll keep people updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.