Another asrock c2750d4i won't post thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nackerman84

Cadet
Decided to finally build a server for the wife. After doing some research I nailed down a parts list. Unfortunately I wish I would have done more research as this motherboard is giving me fits. I am pretty new to building a server and completely new to FreeNAS and this was to be my first build. I have followed all the offered solutions in this thread

Here is the relevant parts list:

Crucial 4GB Kit (2GBx2) DDR3-1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) Non-ECC UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory CT2KIT25664BA160B / CT2CP25664BA160B
SilverStone Technology Premium Mini-ITX / DTX Small Form Factor NAS Computer Case, Black (DS380B)
ASRock C2750D4I
Silverstone (ST45SF-G)

I have tried all 4, two, and just one stick of ram, cycling them around to make sure one wasn't bad while still using the bottom blue slot when it was just one. Only things currently plugged into the motherboard are the power and fans. I can log into the ipmi just fine but all I get on the console is a black screen. I can power up and get the fans spinning thats it. I updated the firmware to fix the original java issue with the ipmi. At this point I am all out of ideas other than a bad board but figured I would ask those who know far more than me first before sending it to asrock for a replacement.

m0nkey_

MVP
This is a known fault in the Atom C2x50 which causes them to not POST. Contact ASRock support to RMA your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.