Axis network camera not able to connect to SMB share

YvesT

Cadet
Hi All

Today i have setup a new PC with FreeNAS to record my videos to from my Axis Network camera's(M3016).
But i have so far not being successful to get the camera to connect to the share.
I am setting this up on the actual camera, not through any additional Axis software.

Old share on windows which worked

Host: 10.10.1.100
Share: Recordings
Username and password entered

New share on Freenas which doesn't connect
Linux share
Host: 10.10.1.102
Share: Recordings
Username and password entered which has access to this directory

I have added the share on windows 10 so i know it works since i am able to write, delete files that way.

Anybody know what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• Axisstorage.JPG
    Axisstorage.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,359

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Try enabling SMB1 support under Services->SMB. You may also have to enable NTLMv1 support as well (but don't do this unless you're absolutely sure it's needed).

YvesT

Cadet
Try enabling SMB1 support under Services->SMB. You may also have to enable NTLMv1 support as well (but don't do this unless you're absolutely sure it's needed).
Tried both, but no luck.
Keeps giving me "Couldn't connect to network storage."

Is there a way to check logs on FreeNAS to see if there is actually an attempt made?
I assume my settings are correct, it worked like that for windows. But maybe something is different here.
Hard to tell with the vague error the axis camera gives.

Attachments

• AxisFreeNAS.JPG
    AxisFreeNAS.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,537
  • share.JPG
    share.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,297

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Possibly start by checking whether it's attempting to authenticate. `midclt call smb.status AUTH_LOG | jq` should give enough info to determine this.