cifs dropping connection, problem with axis camera ena pc's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mactsk

Dabbler
I always had a problem with freenas, my network cameras sometimes freezes (axis cameras) on continuous record, it happens since the first day, now i found a rule on the camera to monitor the state of the connection and i randomly receive an alert from both cameras simultaneously saying that the network share is unavailable, i also have a win7 pc that randomly fails to finish the backup on the freenas.
the disconnection seems random, it could happen every day, max 2 times a day, or not happen for 2-3 days.
Is there a way to track this problem or fix it?
Thanks!

Fabrizio

ps: i have a hp microserver 40L, freenas 9.1.1, and had the same problem with other releases (every release in the last year)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Can you post your configuration and more detail about your hardware than what you provided?

mactsk

Dabbler
The server is as said a micro server N40L, 16Gb Ram, it has 4X2TB in RaidZ1 (various shares and the pc backup share) plus a 500GB drive in the upper bay (dvd bay) that holds the camera uploads via cifs.
It has the following active services: AFP CIFS SMART SSH
It is attached to the lan via gigabit switch.
You need some other info?

Sorry if i am missing something!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Are you having to reboot the server to restore the service?

Not sure how your shares are broken up but you shouldn't share the same files over 2 different protocols at the same time.

Other than that:

1. Enable the footer of your UI and see if there's a message.
2. Look at the screen locally.
3. Enable logging and check the logs.

mactsk

Dabbler
no, i don't have to reboot, if the camera retries to enter the share, it gains a new access, the problem is that sometimes when it is recording 24/7 and the share goes offline the camera crashes.
where do i enable the logging? where are the log files?
i know that sharing the same folder in afp and cifs can give problems, but i actually haven't had any, however some times ago i tried also disabling the camera share in afp, but the situation was the same.
now i have set the camera to only record on event and not 24/7, since then no lockup happened, also if receive the warnings from the camera, it successfully logs in every time.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is your Windows machine connecting to the server over wireless?

gpsguy

Are you running one of the hacked BIOS's? If not, the onboard connector for the DVD drive is running in IDE mode,

Sent from my phone

mactsk

Dabbler
original bios, but i don't think ide mode is a problem, i get disconnection messages also when there is no activity between the camera and the nas.
all the clients are connected with wired lan

Status
Not open for further replies.