Problems with Truenas (NFS Share) with Hikvision IP camera

Koperhead

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I discovered Truenas 1 month ago and I decided to set up a NAS for my Hikvision IP cameras. I watched several videos and tutorials on the net to configure an NFS partition and even tried SMB / CIFS but nothing works. My problem is that I am not able to see the Net HDD in the Storage Management tab on the Hikvision IP camera. I even contacted Hikvision Support to tell me that it was Truenas the problem and that they are just taking care of their products. I am turning to you to help me find my problem with Truenas so that the IP camera will communicate properly and be able to record on my NAS.

Here is the type of camera (ECI-T2(4)4F2):

I even tried to downgrade the version of Truenas and Freenas.

Thank you for your help

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You're not supposed to "see" it. You're supposed to configure it. You need to put in the IP of the NAS, the mount path such as /mnt/pool/ipcams, select NFS, add an authorized user and password, and then go from there.

Alecmascot

Guru
Best to use Internet Explorer.

Attachments

• Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,326

Koperhead

Cadet
Thanks for your answers but I know about the mount path. The problem is that I am not able to write the IP, user and password in my camera. Here is a picture, you can see that I don't have Net HDD but user Alecmascot has Net HDD.

Attachments

• storageMana.jpg
    storageMana.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,345

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Thanks for your answers but I know about the mount path. The problem is that I am not able to write the IP, user and password in my camera. Here is a picture, you can see that I don't have Net HDD but user Alecmascot has Net HDD.

Well, that's clearly a Hikvision thing, then.

Hikvision's stuff is more than a bit quirky.

1) Make sure to be using Internet Explorer

2) Be sure to download and allow their plug-in to run

3) Make sure that the camera is set for a static IP address

I've checked a few of our cams and an NVR, and they all have a "Net HDD" tab under Storage/Storage Management.

However, I do notice your product is a "Value Express" series, so perhaps it doesn't do NFS.

andrwhmmr

Dabbler
Your camera probably does not Support NFS.
With my Hikvision I have
1644504634766.png

Next to HDD-Mgmt it says Networkdrive... so theres that.

And yes, the Hikvision Stuff is quirky but their cams are really amazing especially at night. They see in the dark....

I did not need to download the Plugin, would not dream about installing this stuff on my pc :D

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hikvision Stuff is quirky but their cams are really amazing especially at night. They see in the dark....

Quirky, definitely. We just got another half dozen of the Hik ColorVu 8MP's in, and while they cannot actually see in the dark, they can make fairly dark scenes highly visible.

andrwhmmr

Dabbler
Quirky, definitely. We just got another half dozen of the Hik ColorVu 8MP's in, and while they cannot actually see in the dark, they can make fairly dark scenes highly visible.
See in the dark as in: At my place is enough light pollution that I dont need the IR LEDs to fire up to get a picture ;D

I am currently configuring my DS-2CD2086G2-I and looking through the mess of directories and empty mp4s that are created with "formating" the NFS share...