True NAS as a NAS for hikvision camera

BogdanNN

Cadet
Hello All,

Nice to meet this community.
I have a strange situation with a hikvision camera and maybe your advices will help me to solve it.
I am trying to use true Nas as a NAS for my camera.
The first situation strange that I meet is that:
When I configure the NFS parameters my camera don't find the path. But when I configure also the samba parameters my camera are able to find the NFS path. That is strange for my because on camera I am configure the NFS.
After I configure both protocols, I added the true Nas as a NAS on camera but after I formated the storage the camera keep the Nas on normal stage for 30 seconds and after that is switch the status on unregistered. It's looks like they have a keep alive message and one of them is not sincronize correct.
Somebody meet this issue before?
What I am planing to try is to switch camera from hikvision protocol to UDP protocol directly. Is a new ideea that I have in this days. Did somebody have any other advice for me?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Most folks who use their NAS as a DVR use an app/plugin (zoneminder, agentdvr, frigate, motioneye, etc) for that to poll the cameras, not the way that you're doing it where the camera saves to the NAS by itself.

I don't know what the barrier is for your cameras' connections, but it seems to me that using CCTV/DVR software is a better solution anyway.

BogdanNN

Cadet
Most folks who use their NAS as a DVR use an app/plugin (zoneminder, agentdvr, frigate, motioneye, etc) for that to poll the cameras, not the way that you're doing it where the camera saves to the NAS by itself.

I don't know what the barrier is for your cameras' connections, but it seems to me that using CCTV/DVR software is a better solution anyway.
Hello,
Thank you for your advice. My goal is not to use zone minder or any other app because I don't need it. I have a IVMS server that are doing a great job with my IP Cameras. The issue is that. I want to see from past the camera records on the phone app. And on IVMS this function is not available. As I discussed with hikvision engineer they told me that I need a nas where to storage the camera directly and in this mode I când control it with IVMS and also see from the past the recorded videos.
So I want to use true Nas just as a simple Nas not a NVR.
An clasic nvr is not ok for me because I need to storage 30 cameras from an year so I have 60TB storage now.
This is my desire nou

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I do have a (rebranded) hikvision camera and was able to get it to "work" with nfs... what settings are you providing in the camera?

By default, the nfs share should probably use a mapall user with permissions to write and then specify no user in the nfs settings in the camera.

BogdanNN

Cadet
I do have a (rebranded) hikvision camera and was able to get it to "work" with nfs... what settings are you providing in the camera?

By default, the nfs share should probably use a mapall user with permissions to write and then specify no user in the nfs settings in the camera.
In the camera I can configure only the server IP address and the path ne user and anything else. And in the truenas I configure the user root with read/write and all rights. Did you think that I need to use another user? Not the root user ?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
is this the screen you're working in?

1689251411751.png

What's currently there works for me.

BogdanNN

Cadet

In the camera I can configure only the server IP address and the path ne user and anything else. And in the truenas I configure the user root with read/write and all rights. Did you think that I need to use another user? Not the root user
is this the screen you're working in?

View attachment 68291

What's currently there works for me.
Yes here I configure also. Same interface. But to my camera for NFS is not allowing me to add username and password

sretalla