IP Camera HDD Format Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukazy

Dabbler
Hi,

I have problems setting up my IP Camera with my FreeNAS Server.

FreeNAS Server: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U5 (561f0d7a1)
Camera: Grundig GCI-L4627V (Link)

First Issue

I could not connect to my samba share.

Fix
  • Found out that the camera's best protocol for authentication is NTLMv1 (considered unsafe since 2003 I belive)
  • I just needed to add "ntlm auth = yes" to the "Auxiliary parameters:" in the SMB Service
  • (Its neither safe nor recommended but I want to try it anyways)
Second Issue

The HDD/Volume (2x 500GB Mirrored) is shown as uninitialized at first. When formatting the HDD out of the web interface everything works well.
But after some time, a camera restart or 1 or 2 recordings (using motion detection) the HDD is shown as uninitialized again.

Looking at the share on FreeNAS I could see that all the data is still on it.

Having my camera connected to my raspberry pi for testing I do not see that kind of issue.

Pi: Samba version 4.2.14-Debian (smbstatus)
FreeNAS: Samba version 4.5.11-GIT-UNKNOWN (smbstatus)

I found this post https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/solving-some-nfs-issues-on-hikvision-cameras.54/ which kind of shows a similar issue but the fix doesnt apply to my type of camera.
Can anyone help me to figure out why the camera wont "remember" that the HDD is already formatted?

Settings :
  • smb4.conf (attached)
  • FreeNAS dataset settings
  • Dataset-settings.png

• FreeNAS SMB service settings
  • service-settings.png

• FreeNAS share settings
  • Share-settings.png

Attachments

• smb4.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Lukazy

Dabbler
You have some nice videos there but even when switching my dataset & share settings to those suggested in your videos I get the same result.

• Camera states HDD as uninitialized
  • Camera formats HDD
  • Camera states HDD as online
  • After a minute or so (or 1 recording) the HDD is shown as uninitialized again
When mounting the volume under Windows (7) I can see that the user kamera & the group kamera both have full access and everything is checked except special permissions at the bottom of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.