IP Camera - Direct to NAS using SAMBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkstringer

Cadet
I have purchased a TrendNet TV-IP252P, which allows me to send the recorded data directly to Network Storage, the device supports Samba Client, but I don't know what the share is Windows? Apple? Unix etc... What should my share settings be

Please help.
My current path is set to anonymous: cctvshare cctvfootage /mnt/NasStorage/Camera001

The settings on the camera ask for the IP address of the NAS device, and they ask for the Share and the Path.

Appreciate all feedback.

Newb, Neil

Hi hawkstringer , i suggest you try with a window share with no authentication policy pointing to /mnt/NasStorage/Camera001. you can point your camera to the ip of the NAS device and the path must be /Camera001 or /NasStorage/Camera001.

I hope this help

Regards.

hawkstringer

Cadet
I have tried all sorts, this is the camera's config page. i have no trouble with connecting form my windows machine with anonymous login.

hawkstringer

Cadet
All sorted, I have managed to connect my camera to direct stream to freenas, hoorah

the problem was that as you said it only wanted a single directory to path so instead of /mnt/whatever/cctvfootage it only would accept /cctvfootage/

lol

eddie200112

Contributor
what settings did you have on the share folder. I think im having an issue with permissions as it wont write to the NAS folder

Status
Not open for further replies.