SOLVED Asrock C2550DI with SuperMicro SuperChassis - Header Pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

storage-junkie

Dabbler
Yeah I think we've done about all the troubleshooting we can do. It's likely some bad hardware, either a broken cable or bad jumpers. I appreciate your help with this. I got one extra light working at least, and a handy guide to refer to in the future!

Redcoat

MVP
I'll bid you goodnight and good luck! Let us know what you find ...

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It's unfortunately a little difficult sometimes to get things mapped out correctly. It isn't unusual here in the shop for us to custom-build cables for this kind of application.

If you don't have a spare 0.100" LED-on-a-cable (strip one from an old PC), it becomes a bit harder to test for functionality. One thing you can do is to swap LED headers around until you find one that seems to work, such as if you stick DBAN and a HDD in there and start it formatting, so that the HDD DAS LED signal should be lit. Then you plug in some of the front panel LED's to that to see if maybe one of them isn't working.

storage-junkie

Dabbler
I've ordered a longer split cable to run from the front panel to the jumpers. That will rule out any issue with the existing ribbon cable, and also make the inside a little neater. If that doesn't help I'll probably contact asrock about the possibility of a defective jumper block. I am also going to look tonight though to see if there's anything touching the bottom of the board.

Redcoat

MVP
As you know that the identifier LED is operative, why not use it as your test light? Pull its plug from the current header pins and put it on each of the three pin pairs from which you have had no joy so far to see if in fact they are alive.

storage-junkie

Dabbler
I feel really dumb. I tried your suggestion last night of hooking the OH LED up to the other headers and confirmed the other lights work. At that point I tried just reversing all the other connectors and they all started working. So the polarity was indeed reversed.

When I had tried that before it was with the HDD LED, so either I missed it or there just wasn't any disk activity when I was testing. Anyway, all my front panel lights work now. Thanks again for all your help!

Redcoat

MVP
That's good news. I should have bet you a Hot Brown!
Stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.