'Arrs cannot access each other, fresh install, from plugins, using defaults

ColmB

Cadet
Hi, first time Truenas user here and I'm having a nightmare :smile: Trying to set up a prowler/sonarr/radarr/transmission system just to play with, probably overkill for my needs but I'd love to see it in action. This is a fresh Truenas 13 install and all plugin installs for the apps. I have transmission up and running and saving to a pool, I have an SMB share on that dataset and can play a downloaded file via that share. So the basic install seems ok. I accepted the standard install on the plugins, which gives a NAT solution where all of the services show on the same external ip address (192.168.1.27) on my network, accessible via different ports.

Where I am falling over is in trying to connect prowler to either sonarr or radarr. It fails the test button each time, with the following error in prowlarr (this is for sonarr obviously):
Code:
[v0.3.0.1730] System.Net.WebException: Connection refused (192.168.1.27:8989): 'http://192.168.1.27:8989/api/v3/indexer/schema'
 ---> System.Net.WebException: Connection refused (192.168.1.27:8989)
 ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused (192.168.1.27:8989)

There is no equivalent error in the sonarr or radarr logs, presumably implying prowlarr isn't managing to get out to that api address at all? If I check from within the jails, each jail can ping 192.168.1.27 but none of them can curl against a non 80 port - so in sonarr jail for example both curl 192.168.1.27:8989 and curl 192.168.1.27:9696 give connection refused, but locahost will suceed for that jails own service, e.g. in sonarr curl localhost:8989 works.

I would have assumed that the standard plugin installs would "just work" but I'm new to this community so I'm not clear on what state these plugins are in. I see "straight to jail" install giudes preferring vnet with individual ip's - does the whole NAT thing just not work in this scenario?

Any help would be appreciated!

pilot824

Cadet
I'm also in the exact same situation: I'm new to TrueNAS and I'm trying to set everything up using the community plugins. They start up and I can connect to them, but they just can't talk to each other for some reason.

While I was looking around for solutions, what I've noticed is that everyone seems to create a jail, and then manually set up everything by opening a shell to the jail. See Blackbeard's solution here.

d1ddle

Cadet
I'm also in the same situation, new to TrueNAS, setting up the whole system using Plugin installs. Already resolved the 'Unable to connect to Skyhook' certificate issue in Sonarr, but had the same Connection refused problem setting up prowlarr+sonarr.
I managed to solve it by using the IPv4 addresses under each application's respective Jail to hook Prowlarr to Sonarr; I ended up reading here that container/jail ports and IPs are used for jails to communicate to each other. In my case, these started with 172 instead of 192.

d1ddle

Cadet
Upon further testing however, these Jail IPs are changed on every restart, so I'm going to look into setting them statically, which I'm not sure is even possible yet. I'm also having another issue with my indexers' SSL, where my ISP is blocking connections causing every peer to shut the connection. I need to connect my Jails/the whole TrueNAS system to an openVPN provider, so until I can do that I'm not 100% sure that the Jail IPv4 addresses will work to connect sonarr/prowlarr.