How do change iocage NAT port forwarding - when using DHCP

Pushed off redoing all my jails that were created and accessible via the "legacy" interface (v10?). FreeNAS is now on v11.3-U1 and figured it's time to re-do it all, start clean and fresh.

I used to be able to access a plugin, say SAB or Sonarr, etc, via the jail's IP and port 80. I don't like having to always enter port 8989 when going to Sonarr, same for the other plugins. Now in v11.3-U1 with iocage, the only way within the UI of FreeNAS to alter the NAT port forwarding is if I have NAT enabled, DHCP disabled. But I don't want my jails with the same IP as the FreeNAS box. Each jail gets it's IP via DHCP from my Windows server. I could even do with specifying an IP within the jail config but I still can't get the NAT port forwarding to show the text box unless I have NAT enabled in the jail config.

There has to be a conf file somewhere that allows me to change the default ports from whatever they are to 80 for each plugin and still allow me to use DHCP or a static IP.

Ideas where that file is or what file to create?

Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
SAB, as the first example has the setting in its config on the general page, second setting for HTTP, 4th for HTTPS.

Sonarr has it in exactly the same spot.

You will just need to connect to those frontends first on the default port (8080 and 8989 respectively) first to change the setting and restart.

Thank you, sretalla for the reply. I apologize for not being more clear in my original post. Let me add some pictures this time.
(Using Sonarr as an example)

1.) For many years used warden jail for Sonarr. I was able to change the access port from 8989 to 80.
2.) Upgraded FreeNAS to 11.3-U1 . I had been putting it off because I didn't want to have to rebuild everything knowing that warden was "out" and I'd have to use iocage.
3.) Installed the Sonarr iocage plugin (see pic 1)
1.png

4.) Am able to access Sonarr at http://<hostname>:8989
5.) Within Sonarr I can navigate to General, Start Up, and change the port from 8989 to 80, click Save and then edit my URL bar to strip out port 8989
6.) Browser tries to navigate to http://<hostname>/ but instead error "This site can't be reached" is displayed
7.) So I go back to my plugin page in FreeNAS and still observe the Admin Portal is still configured to port 8989.
8.) I go to my jails page and edit my jail hosting the Sonarr plugin
2.png

9.) I look at the General settings and observe the following:
DHCP is enabled (IP is obtained from a DHCP reservation from my AD server
VNET is enalbed
Berkeley is enabled
3.png

10.) I looked around the jail properties and tried to find where I change the management port from 8989 to 80. That section is under the Network Properties category... I attempt to change the jail port number but find that I can't edit the port when the jail is running. So I stop the jail...
4.png

11.) I navigate back to where I just was (edit the jail, Jail Properties, Network Properties) and now the NAT Port Forwarding is missing
5.png

12.) Through some time and troubleshooting I find that I can only get the NAT Port Forward section to reappear if I go back to edit the jail, Basic Properties and uncheck DHCP and enable NAT
6.png

13.) I then go back to edit the jail, Jail Properties, Network Properties and the magical NAT Port Forward section has returned so I check to enable NAT Port Forwarding and input the values TCP, 80, 80, Save
7.png

14.) Start the jail and it fails because it says another jail is using the same port. Ummmm ok. So then I go back into the NAT Port Forwarding and change the Jail Port Number from 80 back to 8989 (leave the Host Port Number at 80 since that is what I setup with Sonarr). Attempt to start the plugin/jail and get the same problem. I don't have any other jails running on port 8989 or 80. FreeNAS itself is running on port 80 so I think that is really what is causing the conflict.
8.png

I had this working fine with warden jails. What am I doing wrong? I have to use DHCP for the plugin/jail or else it uses the same IP as the FreeNAS box (right? - that's what NAT does).
15.) I look back at my plugins and see my Sonarr is "down" but at least it is now on port 80:
9.png

16.) For grins and giggles I navigate to http://10.1.1.102 and remember that is my FreeNAS IP

I'm thinking there has to be a conf file *somewhere* on the FreeNAS side that configures the iocage to use port 8989. Probably the GUI doesn't have a way to modify this file, but I can use Putty. I just don't know where the conf file lives.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 8.png
    8.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

sretalla