SOLVED Another 11.1-U5 -> U6 SMB issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAXQ

Contributor
I upgraded a production server from u5 -> u6 after I upgraded two others (one testing in my house and one other production) and no other experienced this issue.

They all got the SMBv1 not allowing equipment (not old stuff either - brand new Samsung 4300 copier scanner) to connect to the share - so I googled around and found the fix to add:

freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol NT1 in Tuneables.

And that resolved all of my connecting devices except for my Barracuda Backup 490 device.

I can connect with Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2, the with the Samsung Device.

On the Barracuda Backup - no matter what I do it says:
[ipv4:192.168.x.x:x]
[2018/09/13 19:37:02.025916, 2] ../auth/auth_log.c:760(log_authentication_event_human_readable)
Auth: [SMB,(null)] user [XXXXX]\[xxxxxx] at [Thu, 13 Sep 2018 19:37:02.025871 CDT] with [NTLMv1] status [NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD] workstation [192.168.x.x] remote host [ipv4:192.168.x.x:xxxxx] mapped to [XXXXX]\[xxxxx]. local host [ipv4:192.168.x.x:xxx]

I totally agree that the old types SMBv1 should be phased out, however the the fix does not seem to be working for this stubborn Barracuda Backup device running the latest firmware available and I can no longer backup my NAS. I will ask the Support folks if Barracuda is capable of using v2 or v3 but if that is not an option, I am afraid I will need to roll the boot back to u5 and was hoping some one could tell me the steps involved so I can avoid losing the data on the volumes.

DAXQ

Contributor
Wholly crap - that is fan friggentastic! that was it - I have still asked the Barracuda Backup folks if they cannot use a newer version - but that did. I have been trying to find that for 5 days of no backups - you are flippin awesome.

m0nkey_

MVP
Wholly crap - that is fan friggentastic! that was it - I have still asked the Barracuda Backup folks if they cannot use a newer version - but that did. I have been trying to find that for 5 days of no backups - you are flippin awesome.
Glad to know it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.