AcpiNsRootInitialize+0x9 - HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 - Install Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandra

Cadet
...is what I get trying to boot FreeNAS (9.10.1) on my new server (install ISO transferred with Rufus onto pendrive)

HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 (G1610T)
12GB (4+8) RAM, iLo 4, no harddisk installed just one 8GB Pendrive on the internal USB port to check functionality
FW is patched via SPP to latest level 2016-040
Intel Storage adapter is set to AHCI enabled (embedded RAID controller disabled)
Broadcom Nic 1 is set to Shared (shared with iLo, changing the setting doesn't change the error!)
iLo system status all green, no errors in log

Installed openmediavault just for test, and it works.

Please any suggestions about specific BIOS settings ...

m0nkey_

MVP
So, what's the issue with FreeNAS? It doesn't boot from the USB drive? Rufus is probably not the best tool, I recommend Win32DiskImager to write the FreeNAS ISO to USB.

Since you have an ILO, why not just mount the ISO image in the ILO and boot from that?

sandra

Cadet
So, what's the issue with FreeNAS? It doesn't boot from the USB drive? Rufus is probably not the best tool, I recommend Win32DiskImager to write the FreeNAS ISO to USB.

Since you have an ILO, why not just mount the ISO image in the ILO and boot from that?

Yup, did all this: used WinDiskImage as well to transfer image and used iLo to mount and boot ... and end-up with this error message and a debug console.
The issue is not that I can't boot, the issue is, that the system doesn't start (since something is wrong with ACPI enumeration (I guess from the AcpiNsRootInitialize defined in -
Module Name: nsaccess - Top-level functions for accessing ACPI namespace)).

Another guess, something is wrong with my BIOS settings.

Recap:
I can boot, I get a few status messages and then the boot process stops at: AcpiNsRootInitialize+0x9 with a debug console. If I chose 'continue' in the console it stops again at AcpiNsRootInitialize+0x9. It never runs through to the first Install-Window.

P.S.
Btw. the other NAS system (Debian based) I tried works w/o issues, same BIOS settings. It doesn't support ZFS native that's why I desperately looking forward to resolve the glitch!

Last edited:

sandra

Cadet
Edit: Solved, stupid error message because of a faulty -Sony Premium- flash pendrive!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.