A few questions on choices of Warden to Iocage migration.

Dirk

Patron
I've read for a few hours and have a few questions.

The server and plugins have been running great since 9.3. Plugins are Sonarr, Sab, and Plex. Obviously a media server.

1. I believe Sab is going to be an issue as there is no 11.2 plugin? And what to use as an alternative?

2. Use 11.2 plugins for the others, or create jail and do a raw install of the app and avoid the possible future plugin support dilema.

3. Seeing mixed joy about the migrate script. Use it or not? I'm not going to ask where their (plugins) config info is and how to move it but feel free to offer.

4. if there is a guide, on migrating any of the plugins I can figure out how to do the others from that.

I thought there would be more readily available info on this but a few hours of reading has left me asking for at least a direction to go.

Thanks

danb35

Hall of Famer
I believe Sab is going to be an issue as there is no 11.2 plugin?
Just install it manually; there are guides here on how to do that.

Dirk

Patron
Just install it manually; there are guides here on how to do that.

Thanks. That goes back to one of my questions. Should I just avoid plugins and do it that way on all of them?

I'm pretty sure the info is readily available to find and copy config info for the three over between the jails so I'm not going to go there. If I'm not barking up the wrong tree I could give the new set of apps different IP's and do testing before removing the warden jails.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Should I just avoid plugins and do it that way on all of them?
It's up to you, of course, but for a lot of the applications, the plugin doesn't save you much work at all. For Plex, for example, it only takes three commands to install it; the "hard" work is in adding the storage and figuring out the permissions, which you'd have to do with or without the plugin. Same is true of SABnzbd and many other apps, and for those, I personally don't see a whole lot of value in the plugin.

Some other software is quite a bit more complicated to install--Nextcloud is an example that comes to mind. For that, if the plugin actually worked, I'd think the plugin make a lot more sense (sadly, it doesn't work, in that it doesn't complete the installation--in my completely unbiased opinion, my script is a better way to go for Nextcloud).